Could a honda get jacked without the steering wheel???

spidersilva

Just wondering if somebody could still steal a civic without the steering wheel? I have a quick release and wondering if all quick release steering wheels could be used together or do they have different type of bearings? Just asking this question cuz civic's are the most stolen car in San Diego, Ca.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most hubs are universal with what ever quick release your using. but you'll need to have more security that just a quick release cause a thief will find a way to steal it if he wants it bad enough. I'd say some kill switch's, good alarm system and I've also read about people taking their ecu with them when they park the car... just some ideas but that doesn't stop them from loading it up on a flat bed tow truck and hauling it off if they want it bad enough

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Quick release steering wheels, killswitches, and alarms are a good way to prevent it. But like speedy said. They'll take it if they want it bad enough.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lot's of cars get towed away

Decipher

Registered VIP
My only form of theft deterrent is keeping my car as ugly, ricey and undesirable as possible. It's worked great so far.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stuff that people have mentioned plus a lock on the steering wheel column plus wheels locks and a boot on each wheel! Most important is layers of security. This won't stop a tow truck from dragging your car but it can discourage them from taking your car making them move on to the next one. Which one do you think they will take? Two same civics, one with all this stuff, or the one without them?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
having a quick release is useless if you dont have a lock to put on the hub..thats like having a door-knob without the lock as your front door to your house

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just wondering if somebody could still steal a civic without the steering wheel?

Mine did, not only that but it had 3 kill switches and an alarm.

When it comes to protection, more is always better, but nothing is guaranteed!

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
where do you guys live lol!!! This must be a bigger problem is larger cities huh? seeing as most of you are from California is it a really big problem out there? In omaha the only time i hear about a car getting stolen is usually because some woman forgot where she parked and freaked out and called the cops (seriously, it happens ALL THE TIME!!!)

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol I live in san antonio and I haven't really heard about cars getting stolen all the time... doesn't seem to be a big problem here lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If thieves want it, they'll take it, no matter what kind of protection you have. And remember that thieves will usually scope out your car before they actually take it. So they may bring a spare wheel.

I think that one of the best things you can do to prevent theft is not make your car known. I know plenty of people that have some flashy cars and they don't really post pics or list their mods. They just drive it around and if a photo op opportunity arises, they take it but they don't post it on every forum to get everyone to see it.

Or park your car in a secure garage.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Big problem here where I live. And yea, keeping your car on the down low will help. Add lots of layers to make it hard for them. Theres thieves that will scope and plot on your car and theres the ones that will take it on the spot.