Paint

HondaWoman1207

I was wondering what people would think about how I want my car painted the colors will be candy apple red on top and metallic black on bottom

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was wondering what people would think about how I want my car painted the colors will be candy apple red on top and metallic black on bottom
This is not the best place to ask for opinions on two-tones. Most people are going to say it's ricey, but you do want you want.

Decipher

Registered VIP

Looks good on some cars when it's done right, but it's usually not. At least those aren't bad colors, if you insist on two toning. What generation do you have?

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
switch it and do the body candy apple red with a black hood and maybe a black front lip... but it depends on the lip

Decipher

Registered VIP
switch it and do the body candy apple red with a black hood and maybe a black front lip... but it depends on the lip

^this. Most two tone paint jobs that incorporate black usually use it as the top color(hood, roof...), and the main(body) color would be the red.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would rock the s*** out of that Si. Of course I like many vibrant colors, and I'm arguing with somebody who's car is white(which I also love).
Vibrant colors are okay... As long as it's one vibrant color...

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If she's going 2 tone, she's going Show more than likely. So, the tuner look doesn't win as often, IE solid body color w/ black hood/roof/trunk. The darker color needs to be on the lower portion of the car, and follow body lines.

HondaWoman1207

Its 5th gen 1994 but I don't want to be like the rest though I like being the weird one who can turn heads as I drive by lol in this small town I live in ppl be coping other like my rims they are red and chrome and there are other hodas doing the same im like geez make your own design but im doing my car in dragon and that are the only two colors that will fit it

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LMAO oh wow.

Everything's been done...years ago. You're being no different than anyone. You have fun w/ that look...

Decipher

Registered VIP
...and follow body lines.

That right there is probably the most important factor. Make sure your scheme flows naturally with the lines of the car(the right lines), otherwise it'll look cheap and out of place. Where the paint splits needs to occur on an existing transition.

And please tell me you're not airbrushing some kind of dragon on your car.

HondaWoman1207

The person I want to paint it have been painting for years its just buying the paint and seeing how much he would charge lol hopefully not to expensive lol to but we all can't get together and show the honda ppl where I live what real honda drivers car look like all the honda ppl down here like look at mine its bad want to race im like whatever its sad when you hit a certain speed in my honda the front end goes crazy lol

HondaWoman1207

Im not going to air brush a dragon lol to bad we don't live close to show how real honda drivers car look cause the town I live the honda drivers are like look at mine its bad you wanna race im like whatever and its sad when you hit a certain spped in my car the front end goes crazy lol if you want to see what my honda looks like I am on facebook name Krystal Carden

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The person I want to paint it have been painting for years its just buying the paint and seeing how much he would charge lol hopefully not to expensive lol to but we all can't get together and show the honda ppl where I live what real honda drivers car look like all the honda ppl down here like look at mine its bad want to race im like whatever its sad when you hit a certain speed in my honda the front end goes crazy lol
Do you know what punctuation is? Real honda drivers cars look like?

Yea...b/c factory they come w/ a dragon option and 2 tone paint.... Are you mexican?

EDIT: suspicions of car, NAILED. leaving thread now and headed to CC FB...

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1) Please use punctuation. It makes it so much easier for the reader. This isn't a text message to your girlfriends, it's a forum.

2) About the 2 tone being "different"...Kelly is right, it has been done before. It's nothing new. Just sayin'.

3) Stop street racing.

4) Why not fix the car first before putting a new paint job on it. The front end going "crazy" isn't normal.