Too much free play on my clutch.

Dnguyen92

Hey there again. I have a 92 eg. Was driving it today and started to realize that my clutch pedal was getting stuck every now and then, so to resolve it I would just pull it up with my foot. NOW when I was just driving earlier I have seriously no resistance in the clutch until I get to about an inch or 2 before touching the ground. Any solutions or ideas why this would happen??? When i drive there's no lag or delay when the clutch is grabbing.. but this makes me feel uncomfortable and scared that my clutch is burning out or something.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you have fluid in the reservoir?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure all of our manual cars do right? Where is it located? I'm guessing on the right side of the engine bay near the driver side?
The clutch fluid reservoir is in the driver side corner of the engine bay, near the firewall. To the right of the brake fluid reservoir when you're in front of the car looking at the engine bay. When a pedal sinks like that, either there is air in the lines or you are low on fluid.

So check the reservoir. If you're low on fluid, bleed the system and keep the fluid topped off so you don't risk sucking in air. It helps to have 2 people for this.

A hydraulic clutch system is very simple and straight forward and only consists of a few parts.

Dnguyen92

The clutch fluid reservoir is in the driver side corner of the engine bay, near the firewall. To the right of the brake fluid reservoir when you're in front of the car looking at the engine bay. When a pedal sinks like that, either there is air in the lines or you are low on fluid.

So check the reservoir. If you're low on fluid, bleed the system and keep the fluid topped off so you don't risk sucking in air. It helps to have 2 people for this.

A hydraulic clutch system is very simple and straight forward and only consists of a few parts.
Alright thanks for the tip. I just realized its probably my pressure plate tho.. if you can give me the symptoms of a fcked up pressure plate i can tell you if that's what i got right now. ): I couldn't put my car in gear today when i'd start it up. In order for me to put my car in gear I would have to put it in 1st before I start the car, but doing that wouldn't allow me to pull it out of gear.