Wheel noise and one tire balding.

4doorslammer

I have a ton of rear wheel noise and some from the front.. especially on the driver side. Also the rear drivers side tire is balding on the inside. No idea what is causing this. PLEASE HELP!!!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your alignment is off. Worst case scenario, you have some suspension components that are bent / out of shape, causing your tires to wear unevenly.

Have you recently done any mods (ie - lower the car)? Or have you recently been involved in an accident that may have caused damage to the wheels?

You should definitely take your car to a shop that does alignments and get one done ASAP. Also ask them to see if they can see anything that may be bent / out of shape / broken while they are under there. Next, get tires. You don't want to get tires before an alignment unless you drive directly to the alignment shop after getting them freshly mounted.

4doorslammer

I just bought the car a few weeks ago. Its lowered around 1.5-2 inches. Car has 261k miles on the body. Havent had the rear tires off yet. Replaced both front axles so far. Gonna be replacing all front control arm bushings. After that gonna take it and have front aligned. Now it only wears on one side in the rear so Im guessing something needs replacing on that side. My friend keeps telling me that we need a rear camber kit and the front one needs to be adjusted.

On a side note Im new here and dont know how to check my posts besides searching for them in the forums. Is there a quick way of doing so?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just bought the car a few weeks ago. Its lowered around 1.5-2 inches. Car has 261k miles on the body. Havent had the rear tires off yet. Replaced both front axles so far. Gonna be replacing all front control arm bushings. After that gonna take it and have front aligned. Now it only wears on one side in the rear so Im guessing something needs replacing on that side. My friend keeps telling me that we need a rear camber kit and the front one needs to be adjusted.
You don't need camber kits. Toe is what kills your tread. There is a sticky covering camber kits here:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=199650

You need to get all 4 wheels aligned, not just the fronts. 1.5-2" isn't that big of a drop so your alignment settings shouldn't have gotten tweaked too much. But 261k is a lot of miles and your bushings are more than likely worn. It wouldn't be a bad idea to change them if you can afford it. Bushings can add up quickly though.

On a side note Im new here and dont know how to check my posts besides searching for them in the forums. Is there a quick way of doing so?
If you go to the homepage and look at the bottom where it says Currently Active Users, it always shows your name as the first user. Just click your name to go to your profile, Statistics, Find all threads started.

4doorslammer

Well I have all the bushings but the 2 biggest ones for the front control arms. Then Im guessing it would be a good idea to just get new rear control amrs.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think it's a toss up... You can either take your car to an alignment shop first and see if there's anything wrong, buy the parts, then get the car re-aligned, or you can just buy whatever parts you want to throw at it and get it aligned after. Keep in mind with that many miles, some of those bolts may be seized / frozen. So be prepared for more work (and possibly $$$).

You always want to go into a job anticipating the worst so you're prepared to fix everything correctly.

4doorslammer

Yea I guess that would be best. Just been replacing stuff hoping its the issue. But I might as well do the control arms seeing as I already ordered the bushings.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea I guess that would be best. Just been replacing stuff hoping its the issue. But I might as well do the control arms seeing as I already ordered the bushings.
lol I'm like you. I just buy stuff when something is wrong and hope it fixes the problem :lol:. The cheapest and most certain solution would be to pin point the problem and then buy whatever needs replacing.

You already bought rear lower control arm bushings? Aftermarket rear lower control arms come with polyurethane bushings already in them. At least I'm 99.99% sure.

4doorslammer

No Ive only bought the front control arm bushings. If and when I buy the rear ones I know they have the polyurethane bushings. Just need to come up with the money for all of this ontop of the body work being done right now and rims being redone.

4doorslammer

Getting some Blox lcas tonight for 40 dollars. Not sure how much that will help but was to good of a deal to pass on. Also found someone to press my new bushings into the front control arms. So now I can actually start getting somewhere.