Can't sleep O.O

civicspencer

Registered VIP
Im never able to sleep anymore for some reason I guess it's cuz I have to much on my mind, I've tried every sleeping pill known to man and has no affect
Any of you guys have any ideas or helpful tips

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its illegal in most states and green. the cheap stuff makes you sleepy

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dude I'm the same way... However I have found that if you do something to clear your mind before bed you usually knock right out. For me it's editing photos, or listening to music.... It clears my mind and I. Knock right out....

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go for a run or do some cardio....it always works....at least for me it does

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i use three things

1) studying since im in college

2) computer

3) a good buzz puts me to sleep

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
smoke some crack. you will be up for about 3 days but when you crash you will sleep like a baby.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
When I can't sleep I just turn the tv on something boring and I fall asleep lol

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

civicspencer

Registered VIP
Gladly I am not a..how do you say grass smoker, but I will definitely try some of your sugestions

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
warm glass of milk and some music works for me. also you can do this (I have never had to use it but I think it'll work)...

what you need: 1 hat (any hat will do), 1 bottle of your choice of wiskey or rum (the strongest you can handle), a bed and lastly, yourself.

what to do: Step 1: lie down. Step to get comfy and relax. Step 3. put the hat on one of the bed posts. Step 4: take a swig of wiskey (as big or as litle as you want). Step 4: take the hat off the bed post and put it on the other side of the bed (if you started with it on the left switch it to the right). Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 till you can longer repeat step 4 then drop the bottle and go to sleep because you are no longer capable of doing anything else lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There are a ton of factors that can cause insomnia. How stressed are you? Are you worried all the time, do you have anxiety attacks, etc.? Are you depressed? Do you have any medical issues that may prevent you from sleeping? Is the room your sleeping in at a comfortable temperature? Is your bed comfortable? Do you have anything around you that disrupts you during the night? Have you recently had something happen to you that may have caused trauma? Is your sleeping schedule consistent (I would say this is the biggest one)?

Just because you can't sleep doesn't mean you should pop sleeping pills. Sleeping pills should be last resort; if you've tried everything else possible and nothing is working.

I used to have sleeping issues and I used to be tired / fatigued a lot during the day. I worked 2 part time jobs for 5 years. My sleeping schedule was so off because my hours varied so much. Some days I had a hard time falling asleep, even if it was 4am and I was tired beyond belief. It wasn't until last year when I started my full time job (working 7-3:30) that I finally had a consistent sleeping schedule and I could finally fall asleep every night comfortably and easily. Usually I am out like a light bulb within 15 minutes, from the time I lay down.

Last edited:

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How active are you and how consistent is your schedule? Do you have a daily/nightly routine? If you're not very active of course you'll stay up later b/c your body has more energy to burn. Exercise will help tremendously.

Where is your alarm clock in your room? What color are the numbers? Studies show that having a RED illumination is best b/c it's more dim than a harsh blue or green that is most common. Also placing it on a dresser helps too instead of your bedside so you don't have any type of light near your face as a distraction.

How bright is your room/colors? How many posters/distractions do you have on the wall/shelves? Bedrooms are supposed to be darker, more soothing areas of the home. While my design side of me wants to have bright and open, it really does make a difference the darker, softer a room is when you sleep.

civicspencer

Registered VIP
warm glass of milk and some music works for me. also you can do this (I have never had to use it but I think it'll work)...

what you need: 1 hat (any hat will do), 1 bottle of your choice of wiskey or rum (the strongest you can handle), a bed and lastly, yourself.

what to do: Step 1: lie down. Step to get comfy and relax. Step 3. put the hat on one of the bed posts. Step 4: take a swig of wiskey (as big or as litle as you want). Step 4: take the hat off the bed post and put it on the other side of the bed (if you started with it on the left switch it to the right). Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 till you can longer repeat step 4 then drop the bottle and go to sleep because you are no longer capable of doing anything else lol
Haha wow that's an idea
I just don't wanna wake up with a hangover

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.877185,-99.509379

civicspencer

Registered VIP
There are a ton of factors that can cause insomnia. How stressed are you? Are you worried all the time, do you have anxiety attacks, etc.? Are you depressed? Do you have any medical issues that may prevent you from sleeping? Is the room your sleeping in at a comfortable temperature? Is your bed comfortable? Do you have anything around you that disrupts you during the night? Have you recently had something happen to you that may have caused trauma? Is your sleeping schedule consistent (I would say this is the biggest one)?

Just because you can't sleep doesn't mean you should pop sleeping pills. Sleeping pills should be last resort; if you've tried everything else possible and nothing is working.

I used to have sleeping issues and I used to be tired / fatigued a lot during the day. I worked 2 part time jobs for 5 years. My sleeping schedule was so off because my hours varied so much. Some days I had a hard time falling asleep, even if it was 4am and I was tired beyond belief. It wasn't until last year when I started my full time job (working 7-3:30) that I finally had a consistent sleeping schedule and I could finally fall asleep every night comfortably and easily. Usually I am out like a light bulb within 15 minutes, from the time I lay down.
I'm leaning more toward it being in my head, I'm not ever depressed anymore, but I do think to much and always have a lot of things on my mind

civicspencer

Registered VIP
How active are you and how consistent is your schedule? Do you have a daily/nightly routine? If you're not very active of course you'll stay up later b/c your body has more energy to burn. Exercise will help tremendously.

Where is your alarm clock in your room? What color are the numbers? Studies show that having a RED illumination is best b/c it's more dim than a harsh blue or green that is most common. Also placing it on a dresser helps too instead of your bedside so you don't have any type of light near your face as a distraction.

How bright is your room/colors? How many posters/distractions do you have on the wall/shelves? Bedrooms are supposed to be darker, more soothing areas of the home. While my design side of me wants to have bright and open, it really does make a difference the darker, softer a room is when you sleep.
Ya I don't do much, I'll start doing bmx again I know that will wear me out

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Read the DMV Manuel, u will be out by page 3...lol
So f**king true, that and the PA inspection book. it put me to sleep trying to study it multiple times

Gladly I am not a..how do you say grass smoker, but I will definitely try some of your sugestions
Good for you, i stopped a few months back. was a great decision, but it did help sleeping lol