Judge beats daughter

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your thoughts? Agree, disagree, out of line, needs to be punishes, etc.? How do you feel about discipline?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/03/justice/texas-video-beating/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Dallas (CNN) -- A woman who launched a firestorm by posting a 2004 video on the Internet of her father, a Texas judge, beating her said Thursday that violence was a regular occurrence in her family home.
"It did happen regularly, for a period of time, and I could tell, because of the pattern, that things were escalating again," Hillary Adams, now 23, said on NBC's "Today." She said she left her video camera on her dresser recording and covered its light with a scarf in order to capture the video.
Her father, Aransas County, Texas, Court-At-Law Judge William Adams, faces a police investigation and a judicial probe after the graphic video surfaced of him striking his then-16-year-old daughter repeatedly while cursing at her and berating her.
On Wednesday afternoon, William Adams was temporarily relieved of his duties for the next two weeks, and a visiting judge will take over his caseload while the matter is being investigated, according to the office of Aransas County Administrative Judge Burt Mills.
No court dates were scheduled this week, Mills' office said.

In an interview with KZTV outside his Rockport, Texas, home Wednesday, Adams confirmed to a reporter that he was the man beating his daughter with a belt on the video.
"She's mad because I've ordered her to bring the car back, in a nutshell, but yeah, that's me. I lost my temper," Adams told the station. "Her mother was there, she wasn't hurt ... it was a long time ago ... I really don't want to get into this right now because as you can see my life's been made very difficult over this child."
Adams continued: "In my mind I have not done anything wrong other than discipline my child when she was caught stealing. I did lose my temper, I've apologized. It looks worse than it is."

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why did she wait this long to report it? That's my question.

Sounds like she recorded it hoping to use it for black mail. He disciplined her.

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why is it you cant discipline your kids now a days without getting thrown in jail? i can understand one or two swats on the rear end for a younger child who is misbehaving as long as its not beating the hell out of them. the judge in my opinion took it alittle too far. again one or two swats with a belt should be okay. but not continually hitting her the way he was. i agree with the bald guy that it was abuse the way he was hitting her.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It was far from abuse, he was telling her to do something, she didn't do it, so she kept getting swatted.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It was far from abuse, he was telling her to do something, she didn't do it, so she kept getting swatted.
Did you read the entire article and watch the vid?? The reason he wanted her to bend over the bed is to hit her the way he wanted to.

I'm not voicing my opinion on this yet. Having come from a physically abusive household myself, I want to see what everyone else thinks about this matter.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't see why people care about others peoples issues..People like to disapline in a different way that you think is correct.

I understand he "beat" his daughter, but he shouldn't have to do any time becasue A. She thought it was normal, and B. It's almost 8 years later.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't see why people care about others peoples issues..People like to disapline in a different way that you think is correct.

I understand he "beat" his daughter, but he shouldn't have to do any time becasue A. She thought it was normal, and B. It's almost 8 years later.
Where did she think it was normal? Again, I'm not taking a side yet, I'm merely interested in people's opinions, but if you have them and are stating things about the article make sure they're correct.

This last video portrays the father hitting her with a belt b/c she was downloading videos and music. He was mad b/c what she was doing was illegal and he felt she was breaking the law so instead of turning her in, he punished her.

Supposedly this girl is disabled, but there are no confirmed reports so far, or at least that I've found.(haven't searched too hard yet either). By the video she can move just fine, she can speak just fine, she obviously can drive b/c the interview with her father stated she was mad he wanted the car back. She was on The Today Show and she seemed 'normal' on there as well. Where as I understand there are MANY different types of disabilities, I don't think her using this as a crutch is solid.

The mother also confirms that this taped incident was not the first time he's hit her like this. The child purposely set up the cam to capture her father 'in the act of abusing her.'

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you read the entire article and watch the vid?? The reason he wanted her to bend over the bed is to hit her the way he wanted to.

I'm not voicing my opinion on this yet. Having come from a physically abusive household myself, I want to see what everyone else thinks about this matter.
If she would've listened, she wouldn't stopped getting hit.

She's mad because he wanted a car back, so I was right, instead of turning in the video at the time of the incident, she recorded it for blackmail.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Alright Jason. I'll start whipping you with a leather belt, and we'll see if you think it's abuse :roll:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Alright Jason. I'll start whipping you with a leather belt, and we'll see if you think it's abuse :roll:
But I didn't do anything to deserve it. She was caught stealing by her father, he punished her. He said bend over the bed, she kept moving, she kept getting swatted.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
But I didn't do anything to deserve it. She was caught stealing by her father, he punished her. He said bend over the bed, she kept moving, she kept getting swatted.
This. Your allowed to punish your kids anyway you want. She stole the car, she got that ass smacked.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, he was hitting her prior, and would continue to hit her when/if bent the way he wanted her. The mother confirmed that. She was fighting for the video's sake. It's reaction to not face a certain way when you know pain is coming. Trust me when I say that my stepfather said face a certain way and I shielded myself in some way or another.
This. Your allowed to punish your kids anyway you want. She stole the car, she got that ass smacked.
Actually, in most states, you are NOT allowed to punish how you see fit. Texas is one of the few states that still allow this. She wasn't punished for stealing a car, so before you post, please know the situation.

I personally feel she IS using this as blackmail. You can tell she is b/c she later says she feels horrible for doing this and didn't want such a negative impact upon her father and his career. I'm glad he's standing ground and saying his daughter messed up and he disciplined her.

At the same time, the video was 7minutes long. 7 minutes is a long time to continually whip a person with a belt, and the point/case was proven and registered far before 7 minutes. So at the same time, this is abuse. A few lashings is ok IMO, but not 7 minutes worth. And Jason if you feel 7 minutes isn't long, ask ME how I felt about being hit for 7 minutes and longer. It feels like an eternity and trust me the point is proven well before it. It's proven about 30sec-1min in. Unfortunately though I was beaten out of anger, not punishment. The few times I actually messed up as a kid, I got a healthy swat or lash, but my mother was there so my stepfather never hit more than mom said. He hit me in anger when she wasn't around.

I also believe in punishing your child the way you see fit, as long as it doesn't fall into the lines of abuse. A belt is NOT over the top IMO. A smack, spanking, etc. isn't either. If you continually hit a child though due to anger, temper issues, substance abuse, or pure laziness b/c you don't want to deal with a per say a TRUE disability, it is.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
UPDATE, PER CNN's interview w/ the child/mother:

The lawyer just released a statement that the daughter has a mild case of cerebral palsy(which i'm watching her and i don't know why..she's perfectly f**king normal). Apparently she was mad b/c he bought her a Benz and he threatened to take it from her b/c she was going to drop out of college(he's mad b/c he's paying for her education), to work PT at a video game store. So she threatened him that she would make him regret that decision for life if he took the car. He took the car, she posted the video.

This girl's a b***h. Yes he might have been out of line hitting her that LONG, but it was discipline. Oh, he's also not being charged at all.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
UPDATE, PER CNN's interview w/ the child/mother:

The lawyer just released a statement that the daughter has a mild case of cerebral palsy(which i'm watching her and i don't know why..she's perfectly f***ing normal). Apparently she was mad b/c he bought her a Benz and he threatened to take it from her b/c she was going to drop out of college(he's mad b/c he's paying for her education), to work PT at a video game store. So she threatened him that she would make him regret that decision for life if he took the car. He took the car, she posted the video.

This girl's a b****. Yes he might have been out of line hitting her that LONG, but it was discipline. Oh, he's also not being charged at all.
wow what a total B*TCH!!!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From what I read in the op the guy told her to bring the car back and it says at the end that she was caught stealing. So don't throw a hissy fit when I put 2 an 2 together.
You didn't put 2 and 2 together, you assumed and read completely incorrectly. :roll:

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You didn't put 2 and 2 together, you assumed and read completely incorrectly. :roll:
I actually didnt even read the whole thing. I just picked out some things. But you could have just told me what happened instead of being mean :(

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually didnt even read the whole thing. I just picked out some things. But you could have just told me what happened instead of being mean :(
Snap:oops: