1999 civic Si 190hp

bkjj77

Registered VIP
I want to know if i can hit 180-190 hp on my em1.
I know there is alot of upgrades i can add to it but is it possible to hit 190hp without a turbo or supercharger
should i get it tuned?
Get headers?
What do i need?
So far i have a $45 Cold Air Intake and a Mugen twin loop mufler

Thanks
Heres is a pic =)
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n492/bkjj7/?action=view&current=DSC00861.jpg#!oZZ13QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1136.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn492%2Fbkjj7%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSC00861.jpg

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
180hp at the wheels or crank? Either way, $500 won't get you there.

bkjj77

Registered VIP
well what would i need to do... just say i had no spending limit....just so i can add on as i go

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can build your motor to the max and be around the 200 neighborhood..or take that money..slap on a nice turbo kit and get a good tune and you'll be closer to 300..and still have money left over to buy gas and a cheeseburger

civicspencer

Registered VIP
you can build your motor to the max and be around the 200 neighborhood..or take that money..slap on a nice turbo kit and get a good tune and you'll be closer to 300..and still have money left over to buy gas and a cheeseburger
I agree
Plus cheeseburgers are good

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol at ^ this guy, he knows what he's talking about and he's right. For the same amount of money you'll spend building an n/a b16 you can piece together a nice turbo set up run it on stock internals with a good tune and be making at least 200 and still have cash left over

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just get all of the basic bolt ons, intake, throttle body, intake manifold, header, high flow cat and full exhaust and see where you're at. It won't dyno at 190 hp but you'll be quicker than you were and probably have a satisfying car.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If the OP doesn't want boost, honestly, build an LSVTEC. I've seen pretty fast N/A LSVTEC's and B20VTEC's.

Or you can build a poorman's Type R. GSR block and Type R cams and pistons. Porting the head and upgrading the valvetrain will get you similar numbers to that of a Type R head.