New and need help

LX-SEDAN-MAN

so i was just given a 2000 civic lx with 200,000k flat i want to start doing some mods on it before i can drive and i dont no what to start with the car needs a bnew oil pan and head gaskert kit those are the first thhings being replaced.

MY WANTED MODS LIST-

Exterior-
halo headlights/not ricey ones
mugen type r front and back lip
new lower and upper front grill in metal mesh custom made
new windshield
new rims
35% tint
clean up all the dents
reblack all exterior molding and new weather stripping
yellow foglights
8000k hids
caliper paint
coilover and new struts

Interior-
new alpine head unit
alpine 6X9/6X5 speakers all around
2 12in subs in ported box
racing seats
glowshift gauges- tachometer-volt meter-oil pressure gauge
interior footwell leds
sound sensitive leds in trunk with subs
recarpet trunk
new bucket seats \
new steering wheel
racing pedals
Perrformance-
Full catback exhaust kit
headers 4-2-1
aem short ram intake
skunk 2 cam
all new gaskets
ngk spark plugts and wires
stage 2 clutch
stage 2 ecu
short shifter

so what do you think and what should i do first a i said im new in the game and anything helps so thanks guys!!!!=)

civicspencer

Registered VIP
Looks like a decent list
Depending on you income I'd say either start ordering stuff out the ass or order one thing at a time
But let's see some pics!!

LX-SEDAN-MAN

Looks like a decent list
Depending on you income I'd say either start ordering stuff out the ass or order one thing at a time
But let's see some pics!!
yea im 14 now so moneys tight haha just got a part time job so starting christmas ill be ordering as much as possible ill create a build thread and soon ill have some pictures up thanks for the comment man=)

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with 200k miles id worry about replacing the old parts before any mods

your list looks like a Need for Speed list of mods where you get more stars for the more things you add..

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
lmfao that is goin as my signature. but yea kid ur 14 just save up ur money dont just go ahead and buy the first performance part u see, and try and stay away from ebay. Remember criagslist is going to be ur best friend to get parts from. Nonetheless good luck with build and welcome to CC

LX-SEDAN-MAN

with 200k miles id worry about replacing the old parts before any mods

your list looks like a Need for Speed list of mods where you get more stars for the more things you add..
engine and tranny have been replaced only have 15,000 miles on them so im good and the whole list is a long term thing not like im gonna just go buy everythng in a year haha

LX-SEDAN-MAN

lmfao that is goin as my signature. but yea kid ur 14 just save up ur money dont just go ahead and buy the first performance part u see, and try and stay away from ebay. Remember criagslist is going to be ur best friend to get parts from. Nonetheless good luck with build and welcome to CC
suprisingly i havent had any luck with craigslist not many people mod older sedans around here haha so its kinda useless for me and thanks ill be posting a biuld thread soon

emerican

Registered VIP
its an entire head swap look up mini me swap and reasearch it
its taking a vtec head off one of the ex motors that are vtec and bolting it onto your bottom block
look up mini me swap and start reading lol

LX-SEDAN-MAN

its an entire head swap look up mini me swap and reasearch it
its taking a vtec head off one of the ex motors that are vtec and bolting it onto your bottom block
look up mini me swap and start reading lol
thank you thank you thank you thank you and did i mention thank you first thing that im doin to my car haha

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i was just given a 2000 civic lx with 200,000k flat i want to start doing some mods on it before i can drive and i dont no what to start with the car needs a bnew oil pan and head gaskert kit those are the first thhings being replaced.

MY WANTED MODS LIST-

Exterior-
new windshield
clean up all the dents
reblack all exterior molding and new weather stripping

Perrformance-
all new gaskets
ngk spark plugts and wires

so what do you think and what should i do first a i said im new in the game and anything helps so thanks guys!!!!=)
To answer your question, the mods I left from your list is where I'd start out. In other words, get the car in good shape both mechanically and aesthetically.

I can tell you from experience and I'm sure there are MANY others on here that will agree., TAKE YOUR TIME! You're 14 years old and just got a job and somehow got a decent car. Do your research. Learn about all of the mods you listed and learn about the pros and cons. Learn about alternatives. Learn to shop around for the best prices. Think about what you need and what you don't need. Think about what you want and what you don't want (distinct difference from needs). That way in the end you will save a TON of money and most likely be MUCH happier with your car/end result. Decide on what path you want to take your car. You want a show car? A clean smooth daily driver? A car you can learn to race in? All those nice cars with a bunch of mods you've seen are rarely built overnight. A lot of thought, research and eventually work went into them.

Hell my race car took me about 4 years to get it where I wanted and if I had to do it all over again, I could have more for half the amount I currently have in it.. And it still isn't at it's fullest potential.

Take your time and I'd suggest saving money for stuff OTHER than car mods. Sounds crazy right? Well you'll be glad you saved even a small percentage of your young income.

LX-SEDAN-MAN

To answer your question, the mods I left from your list is where I'd start out. In other words, get the car in good shape both mechanically and aesthetically.

I can tell you from experience and I'm sure there are MANY others on here that will agree., TAKE YOUR TIME! You're 14 years old and just got a job and somehow got a decent car. Do your research. Learn about all of the mods you listed and learn about the pros and cons. Learn about alternatives. Learn to shop around for the best prices. Think about what you need and what you don't need. Think about what you want and what you don't want (distinct difference from needs). That way in the end you will save a TON of money and most likely be MUCH happier with your car/end result. Decide on what path you want to take your car. You want a show car? A clean smooth daily driver? A car you can learn to race in? All those nice cars with a bunch of mods you've seen are rarely built overnight. A lot of thought, research and eventually work went into them.

Hell my race car took me about 4 years to get it where I wanted and if I had to do it all over again, I could have more for half the amount I currently have in it.. And it still isn't at it's fullest potential.

Take your time and I'd suggest saving money for stuff OTHER than car mods. Sounds crazy right? Well you'll be glad you saved even a small percentage of your young income.
thanks man really appreciate i will start with the dents this week hae to look into insurnce cause i think that covers the windshield i will be buying the ngk plug an wires with my christmas money as weel gaskets and go from there

emerican

Registered VIP
your welcome no problem man
On your list it says stage 2 ecu what do you mean by that just curious?
Glad to hear your gonna get it all maitneced up first before you start moding

LX-SEDAN-MAN

your welcome no problem man
On your list it says stage 2 ecu what do you mean by that just curious?
Glad to hear your gonna get it all maitneced up first before you start moding
better mpg and a better performance gain andi eventually plan on turbo charging it

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea get it running great & functional first then mod the hell out of it, I still have a ways to go myself so I know how tempting it is to wanna boost & upgrade the motor, get it looking good & running right & everything else will fall in to place eventually, glwb & sedans FTW!

emerican

Registered VIP
what i meant is there is you can chip one and tune it but saying stage 2 dosent tell me what you mean.
Also when you do a mini me swap you need the vtec ecu so dont worry about doing anything to the one you have now.