Side skirt/Side sill of Civic

hondalover1

Hey guys, just wondering if you can help:::: i have just badly damaged the underskirt of my honda on a kerb, its lying quite low to the ground and in order to get out of college, i need to go over ramps!! i am so scared the whole side skirt will rip off if it catches in the ramp! any suggestions?:???::???::???::(:???:

civicspencer

Registered VIP
Lift your car up a little
Drive onto inclines or bumps sideways at first

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lift your car up a little
Drive onto inclines or bumps sideways at first
Lift your car up???

OP - look at the side skirt and see what's wrong with it. If you have to replace it, replace it.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he said his side skirt is lying low.

Op, it should snap right back on

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
lol yea its gonna be a bit hard i remember i took mines off and it took me like a good 30 minutes to get the clips aligned lol.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would either remove it entirely or snap it back in place, they're very easy to remove. I think there are three screws and then pull the whole thing back towards the back tire and it slides out of the clips (I'm basing this off of 96-00 Civics, don't know what you have). If its damaged and you are looking for a quick fix look at what part of it is hanging down and see if there is a screw that is ripped out. You might be able to make a small hole and zip tie it back up, it's kind of hard to know without seeing it.

This thread should be moved to the appropriate section, we don't know what year car you have

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Those clips are a paint in the ass from personal experience. I had better luck just pulling on the side skirt and popping the clips out. Then I slid em into the side skirt and pushed the side skirt back in.