engine noise (video) help!

civicspencer

Registered VIP
If your talking about that ticking or knocking you better hope its not a spun bearing but I doubt it is do a valve adjustment and I bet it'll fix the problem

Decipher

Registered VIP
s*** sounds like a vacuum cleaner. You experiencing any problems with the car mechanically? Any problems with acceleration, idle, etc. Or are there accessories that do not function correctly, like maybe your cruise control doesn't work? Is there anything unusual?

what suction noise? im not sure. the noise just doesnt sound right. it sounds louder than it should

I think what he's referring to is the higher pitched, constant "ffsssssssss" sound... sort of like a vacuum leak might sound.

iwannacivicsi

s*** sounds like a vacuum cleaner. You experiencing any problems with the car mechanically? Any problems with acceleration, idle, etc. Or are there accessories that do not function correctly, like maybe your cruise control doesn't work? Is there anything unusual?
the car drives fine other than the noise and a mechanic said i need to get new left rear wheel bearing

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it me or does it sound like its...on a high idle?

Decipher

Registered VIP
It does sound high, but if the engine was cold and he just cranked it for the video...

Cobl18

Registered VIP
start the car and let it get warm (when the needle on the temp gauge is right in the middle) and see what your RPM's are. they should be something like 800ish and anything over 1000 means you might have a vacuum leak.