Intake help

obiling

Hello, im sorry if i posted this in the wrong place but it would not allow me to post in the how to section..... Any ways Iv recently bought a JDM carbon fiber intake and im having trouble installing it... IM just not quite sure where i attach it to. So if anyone could post a instruction guide or some sort or direction it would be very helpful.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shouldn't researched or asked before buying it. That intake really requires a different Intake manifold set up. I guess now your going to have to try to make it fit. Have you tried taking off the stock intake arm from the box and seeing if it'll work that way. That nipple that came with it goes into the new Intake, then from there you take off the hose that is on the valve cover (top left) then use the black hose to connect the two. Thats how it's usually installed. But like I said before the intake is really used on the other manifolds.

Decipher

Registered VIP
dude dude dude. You bought the wrong type of intake, so your fix is to buy the intake manifold that the intake was made for?! Why don't you return that (overly expensive looking) intake, and buy one that was designed for you car? Or fabricate a piece that will couple that intake to your throttle body correctly.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:word:^

Yeah that y7/y8 manifolds were designed for their heads. I think you could technically put a z6 manifold on it but that would defeat the purpose of getting an intake anyway since the y7/y8 mani was built specifically to match that head. Just return that over priced whale penis, get some cheap ebay piping and a good filter or since you have cash get a name brand one. The correct aftermarket intake for that car should look something like this

And heres a link to our sites store and all the intakes. Just make sure it says it's for a 96-00 Honda Civic of whatever trim level that is.
http://www.tunersports.com/air-intakes_c40pg1.html

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wayy back in the day when i first bought my civic i made the same minor mistake you did. that tube can be removed from that box, and you should be able to fit the intake onto the box for the time being. i would suggest trying to pick up an intake manifold from a d16y8 in the future so it will work better with this intake

Decipher

Registered VIP
^More like, drop into a local library for books and learn how to read!

I'm sorry... that was mean.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
That PWJDM intake is just for show anyway, like said before, get a cheap piping for your specific submodel and a name brand filter.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You have several options.

1. You can go to pep boys and buy a 90 degree 2.5" plastic pipe. Its bent so the intake can be mounted to the Y7 intake manifold. It wont look best but itll work. ET cost=$20

2. But if you want to do it right, purchase a bare Y8 or Z6 intake manifold. Swap over everything and re install it along with your Y7 throttle body. Then the intake will bolt right up with no issues and you might gain some HP from the intake manifold and intake swap. ET cost= $100

I would do #2. Y8 manifolds are pretty common.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
airflow, turbulence, pressure drop, one atmosphere vs negitive pressure.
Do you have dynos to prove that this intake is better? The ones that I have seen, besides the ones on the PWJDM site, show that it makes less power than other intakes. Not hatin, just curious.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dynos dont mean s***. E.T's is all that matters.
i agree, but when it comes to dynos there are more variables. different drivers, different vehicles, different temps, different humidities. unless the runs your comparing were done ont he same day, by the same driver, in the same car.

on a dyno variables can be a little more controlled