17 Year Old's 1998 Civic Sedan

Coryb0i

Heyy ClubCivic, I'm kinda new to this site but i love Civics, Soooo with that being said Here,s my Civic

I've had itt for about 4 months, and i enjoyed itt very much

Its gonna be a slow build because im still in school but this is my last year SOOO GLAD. The things im gonna do to itt is first a paint job and body work. My uncle said he got me cover on that. Next is to clean the engine bay lol

I will eventually get a front and rear lip, get them wheels and hubcaps off, some oem fog lights, si taillights and black house em. It's an automatic and im gonna keep it that way, from what i heard yhu can't put a turbo in it, from something to do with the rpm or something, then i heard some about a supercharger for automatic but i dont kno. Things i need to work on is my door locks, get my headliner recovered, a new interior light, either a new oil pan or a new oil pan screw HOPEFULLY it needs a new screw, and a new hood

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Turbo or supercharging an engine is the same whether its and auto or manual. The problem is that your automatic trans won't be able to handle the power (depending on how much you boost it) and you'll probably burn it up.

Oh and welcome to the site, nice base. And cute puppy haha.

civicspencer

Registered VIP
I didn't know they made SI tails for the lx and ex type tAils
But hey it's a good car and has potwntial

Coryb0i

I didn't know they made SI tails for the lx and ex type tAils
But hey it's a good car and has potwntial
Yeah they do
http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-98-Honda-Civic-4-Door-Si-Style-Red-Clear-Tail-Lights-/170674742391?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1998%7CModel%3ACivic&vxp=mtr&hash=item27bd01e477#ht_2698wt_1031
Turbo or supercharging an engine is the same whether its and auto or manual. The problem is that your automatic trans won't be able to handle the power (depending on how much you boost it) and you'll probably burn it up.

Oh and welcome to the site, nice base. And cute puppy haha.
In that case i wont be doing any that then..and thanks. Imma get them fog lights first

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah If you really want more power you gotta go manual. Or you can just swap in an automatic b18b out of a base integra (roughly +15hp/+20tq) or b20z out of a crv (roughly +20hp/+30tq)engine or something. Definitely nicer than the torqueless engine you have now plus with some bolt ons it'll get even better since DOHC engines respond better to them. But it just depends on how much you actually want that little bump.

Coryb0i

Welcome to the site
Thanks for welcoming meh

Yeah If you really want more power you gotta go manual. Or you can just swap in an automatic b18b out of a base integra (roughly +15hp/+20tq) or b20z out of a crv (roughly +20hp/+30tq)engine or something. Definitely nicer than the torqueless engine you have now plus with some bolt ons it'll get even better since DOHC engines respond better to them. But it just depends on how much you actually want that little bump.
ummm I might try that, that's something to look in to

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Idk if I'd call a 30% bump in torque "little" lol

Decipher

Registered VIP
The eBay tails should be fine. Just get some silicone and put a small bead around all the seams/joints. They tend to allow moisture in due to having bad seals. I have ebay headlights and tail lights and they're fine.

Are you leaking oil? If it's your drain plug, just get a tap and die to tap a new thread and get a new(bigger) bolt and washer for it. They tend to get stripped out over time(since most oil pans are aluminum) by shops using air guns on them.

Welcome to the site. There's much to be learned here. The search tool will be your friend.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The Canadian EL is the one that had those red/white tailights. They're pretty hard to come by sometimes and can go for a premium. The ebay ones aren't the best but will be a step up from what you have. They tend to get leaks so use a sealant like Decipher said. Also they get discolored depending on the quality. I've seen it before. The red part turned into a pink almost. so just be on the lookout.

OEM foglights are also kinda hard to come by for this model and be ready to pay a premium on that too. You can get replicas many places that offer "OEM style" foglights.

If you do body work and get a lip please don't buy that crappy lip thats everywhere and a lot of people get. I think it looks horrible on 96-98. Go with an SiR or if you have to go replica at least get the one that closely matches the CTR for your bumper style.

Anywho, best of luck with the car. Have fun with it.

Coryb0i

The eBay tails should be fine. Just get some silicone and put a small bead around all the seams/joints. They tend to allow moisture in due to having bad seals. I have ebay headlights and tail lights and they're fine.

Are you leaking oil? If it's your drain plug, just get a tap and die to tap a new thread and get a new(bigger) bolt and washer for it. They tend to get stripped out over time(since most oil pans are aluminum) by shops using air guns on them.

Welcome to the site. There's much to be learned here. The search tool will be your friend.
Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it, and as far as the oil leak apparently I had 2 of them. 1 was in my distributor cap the o ring, I got that fix and last is my oil pan, when I get a chance I will post a picture to show yhu what the previous owner done to ITT, hopefully I can use do what yhu said and it will be the end of it

The Canadian EL is the one that had those red/white tailights. They're pretty hard to come by sometimes and can go for a premium. The ebay ones aren't the best but will be a step up from what you have. They tend to get leaks so use a sealant like Decipher said. Also they get discolored depending on the quality. I've seen it before. The red part turned into a pink almost. so just be on the lookout.

OEM foglights are also kinda hard to come by for this model and be ready to pay a premium on that too. You can get replicas many places that offer "OEM style" foglights.

If you do body work and get a lip please don't buy that crappy lip thats everywhere and a lot of people get. I think it looks horrible on 96-98. Go with an SiR or if you have to go replica at least get the one that closely matches the CTR for your bumper style.

Anywho, best of luck with the car. Have fun with it.
Thanks Mann I will make note of that, I don't like to go the cheap route on anything I do anyways, I'll let yhu kno on my progress

Coryb0i

Well i got GOOD news and BAD news.... the bad news is that the butterfly bolt the previous owner used to lock the oil pan busted as i was tighten itt back up

The GOOD news is i found out that the butterfly bolt wasn't causing the oil leak, the previous owner put the wrong oil filter on there

The Black one is the one i just bought, the yellow one is the wrong size

Here is a pic of the new oil filter install

WELL back the square one i have to get a bolt for this oil pan again..my mother has a 96 accord and I took her bolt just to see if it will fit..it did but the oil pan it self is script....

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmmmm. Seems pretty rough if the previous owner couldn't even use the right oil filter. Makes you wonder what else might be wrong. Hopefully there isn't anything else but oh man.

Coryb0i

Hmmmm. Seems pretty rough if the previous owner couldn't even use the right oil filter. Makes you wonder what else might be wrong. Hopefully there isn't anything else but oh man.
I kno right i hope there's nothing else wrong with itt. i mean the previous owner didnt even tighten the oil filter :shock:

Coryb0i

Anybody kno where I can get the some replacement parts for my engine bay like new screws and washers, trying to clean it

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

alex_n/a

stocker
junkyards are best. just get them from the interior parts under all the plastics. whenever I hit up junkyards I look for cars with panels missing and remove all the bolts. they are basically in perfect condition. I usually walk out with a pocket full of 10mm and 12mm and 8mm. standard sizes for hondas.