RPM bouncing

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hi to all!
Has anyone encountered a problem similar to mine?
Ive been noticing that whenever i reach my speedo to 125-135 kph,.. the rpm bounces from 3000-3500 for kinda like 5 sec.. i tought my throutle body just needs a little clean-up so i just ignore it for a while then today.. i tried to ignore the rpm bouncing on same kph and after travelling for like 1-2 hrs.. my rpm reaches like 1500-2000 at neutral gear!
i shifted to 1st gear and its rattling a bit.. so i stopped and cool it down for like 20mins.. and its all gone....
any ideas?
my engine is a d15..
any comments or input would help alot..

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
Also high bouncing idle is caused by dirty FIV fast idle valve...may have messed that up a bit haha. But its located right under the throttle body and is 3 10mm bolts. Take it apart and clean it.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this. sounds like youve got some trans issues. whens the last time you changed your trans fluid?
just change my tranny fluid 3months ago..
im cleaning the tb this weekend... also replacing a new pcv valve..
il get back whatever is the result
thanks for all the reply!

EGb19c

Sounds like a distributor or ignitor problem. This sends the signal to the gauge, if it is messing up it will cause your tach to bounce around..

unix4linux

Mhi,

Slow down a bit with changing parts ;)

First thing you should try is checking for any stored CEL codes on the ECU. Have you tried that? That will tell you if there are any engine issues that a sensor is picking up. I would def. start there. If you have no errors at all on the ECU, then I would move on to checking your transmission. At the transmission level, could be bad solenoids or not enough fluid in the tranny.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sorry for the late reply/update... @ unix4linux i will be meeting someone this week to check on my ecu..he told me he has this protable device to check the ecu for errors.. also i noticed some oil on the distributor.. ive already change the o-ring on this one but still have some leaks.. i think this need to be checked or replaced..
i run 130kph today and still noticed the bouncing..but not that quite often as before..
i intend to clean-up the intire intake manifold..but i guess this needs more time...
thanks for the reply guys!