What's wrong with my car? (audio recording inside)

sedna6

Ok guys, I bought this Honda Civic 2005, and I only noticed this after I bought it, when I test drove it -- I didn't hear it..

my friend tells me it's a Wheel Balance problem...

if you have headphones, put them on as you'll be able to hear it better.

http://soundcloud.com/sixamsedna/vibration

listen carefully to 0:10 - 0:16 and 0:42 - 0:46

it's this vibrating/pulsating sound.. it's not a Wheel Bearing problem, that one is a totally different noise, I'm thinking this is Wheel Balance myself, but I'm not that knowledgeable about cars anyway.

What do you all think it is?

Also I might add that the car is out of alignment...it pulls to the right, could it all be causing it?

civicspencer

Registered VIP
You have a bomb in your car!!
But I can hardly hear it, I'm puzzled

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
yea i cant hear what ur talking about cause from what i heard, it seems like normal driving sounds, and that one part with the ticking that was obviously ur turn signal thats all i heard :-( sorry bro maybe if u gave us an actual video instead of audio we can see what ur doing as ur driving

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can kinda hear it. Do you feel vibration or just an annoying droning sound. Other stuff to look at:
Wheel bearings
Dragging brakes

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wheels balanced?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
- Check your lug nuts and make sure they're tight
- If your wheels were out of balance, your car should shake constantly, especially at higher speeds. You would feel it in your steering wheel as well and especially when you brake.
- If your car shakes only when braking, it's more than likely your brakes (rotors)
- If your car shakes only at certain times/speeds/conditions, it could be something else. Look at the suspension components under the car or have it inspected by a mechanic.

kid2006

All I can hear is the smoothness of engine and your turn signal. lol.

does your steering wheel jerks lightly?

kid2006

- Check your lug nuts and make sure they're tight
- If your wheels were out of balance, your car should shake constantly, especially at higher speeds. You would feel it in your steering wheel as well and especially when you brake.
- If your car shakes only when braking, it's more than likely your brakes (rotors)
- If your car shakes only at certain times/speeds/conditions, it could be something else. Look at the suspension components under the car or have it inspected by a mechanic.
also make sure your lugs are TORQUED.

EM1Nate

EM1N8's 99 Si
To me it sounds like warped rotors and brake pads that have been glazed. I think the previous owner may have been hauling some A** and rode his brakes. From what I can hear in the recording its only when you hit your brakes.