Need advice for a B18A1 swap....

NYURican29

I have a 94 Civic EX Coupe with a D16Z6 VTEC, it had 212k and just went on me recently. I bought a 91 Acura Integra LS with a B18A1 with 122k just for the motor because the body is really bad. I just want to know what i would need to get the swap done. Give me advice please!!! Thanks

ben h

sense u bought a teg u should have every thing it it that u need to do the swap
might have to go with dif engine mounts

civicspencer

Registered VIP
I have a 94 Civic EX Coupe with a D16Z6 VTEC, it had 212k and just went on me recently. I bought a 91 Acura Integra LS with a B18A1 with 122k just for the motor because the body is really bad. I just want to know what i would need to get the swap done. Give me advice please!!! Thanks
Not sure on the mounts but I'm pretty sure you will need new mounts, cuz I know 94-00 tegs use the same mounts as 92-95 but I'm not sure about the older tegs, but you should have everything there to do the swap if your trying to keep it stock, only think you'll need to do that I can think of off the top of my head it switch the exhaust manifold, cuz the d series one won't fit on the b series.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b18a1 is obd1, b18b1 is obd2. the teg is from 91 afterall

atleast im pretty sure

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Boogers I forgot, what about the mounts.
mounts are not the same but I think he can use his eg mounts except the rear t bracket. Ive never used OEM mounts in a swap I always have aftermarkets, but Im working on my first swap into a Ej so Ive never dealt with or had to look it up.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
then i am wrong. have a 6th gen so i never looked into much below obd2 lol

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doesnt the 91 also have a cable trans? So he'd have to get a hydraulic b series trans or a hydro to cable kit from like hasport or something

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
then i am wrong. have a 6th gen so i never looked into much below obd2 lol
Ive just had them all in all years/gens

91 teg b16
93 teg b20
99 teg gsr

91 civic b20
94 civic z6 going to b20
97 civic y7

its hardest going from OBD0 to OBD 1. Okay going OBD2 to OBD1 (in an OBD1 chassis). And stupid easy running a OBD1 ecu in a OBD2 chassis (jumper+ecu)