Advice for first exhaust for my civic?

Gina

Hey there! So as you can see I'm a girl, owner of a 2014 Honda Civic LX and I'm actually looking to get a new exhaust but really am not sure which site to buy it from and exactly what to buy...can anyone help me out with this? Obviously I'm gunna have someone install it for me which is gunna cost extra but does anyone know the roundabout price for an exhaust of course i need the whole kit not just the pipe?

Answers please and thank youuu!

Attachments

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This site has a store. In the top bar is a link, says "Civic parts store". Youtube your car with the different ones and pick a sound you like. It's all subjective. Price depends on whom is doing it.

Gina

This site has a store. In the top bar is a link, says "Civic parts store". Youtube your car with the different ones and pick a sound you like. It's all subjective. Price depends on whom is doing it.
Thanks! and yeah I'm not sure which one to get thats what I'm trying to decide and exactly what i need besides the exhaust and yeah not sure how much it costs for someone to install one of them I'm guessing no more than $150?

Harv_D_Johnson

Thanks! and yeah I'm not sure which one to get thats what I'm trying to decide and exactly what i need besides the exhaust and yeah not sure how much it costs for someone to install one of them I'm guessing no more than $150?
Exhaust is simple to install. Almost anyone can do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It depends.. I couldn't do my exhaust because it was too rusty under there. :lol:

Brought it to a shop and they charged me an hour rate to install it.. it was like $85 or something.; wasn't too bad.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how can we be certain that your actually a girl and why would you make that statement do you want special treatment or something ?. my advice is to not buy your exhaust from ebay and to have a shop make you one otherwise your going to have fitment problems if you don't buy from a reputable company. doesn't the 2014 have its header cast into the block ??. if i was you i would just throw on a good muffler like vibrant and call it a day.

Gina

how can we be certain that your actually a girl and why would you make that statement do you want special treatment or something ?. my advice is to not buy your exhaust from ebay and to have a shop make you one otherwise your going to have fitment problems if you don't buy from a reputable company. doesn't the 2014 have its header cast into the block ??. if i was you i would just throw on a good muffler like vibrant and call it a day.
Umm..why would i make up that I'm a girl....my profile is linked to my Facebook so thats the proof there, but anyways i said that I'm a girl so people wouldn't think I'm an idiot about cars. Just wanted to know where and which one to get and i wouldn't order from eBay I'm just looking for the exact one to get so just looking for some advice, people that actually have one. but i know you have to get the kit and the exhaust so i wanna make sure i get the right thing yano

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if your research has found you nothing for your year i would just have a shop weld on a good universal muffler a cat back or axle back won't gain you performance just noise the same thing a universal muffler will do for nowhere near the cost of a high quality kit. a good universal muffler like vibrant is your best bet like i said before there around $100 compared to a good kit around $300-$500.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
buy a muffler, chop factory off, weld new on , done and done.

typec

For a conservative sounding exhaust get a chambered design like with magna flow or tanabe exhaust.