First Civic, 1991 Hatchback

ilikethetunahere

How's it going everyone, I just picked up my first Civic last night. Along with it being my first Civic, it's my first manual car. Before this I owned a '95 Integra SE.
I'm going to have to de-rice it a bit, but so far I like it a lot. It's been b-swapped with a b18a1, no a/c or p/s (I think the p/s is looped), unknown brand bucket seats, ebay special springs, short shifter with a "competition" clutch. I haven't figured out what brand the exhaust is yet, and if any of you know the wheels, let me know! They won't stay long though.
The PO I bought it from did the paint job, minus the hood. And all the trim is in the trunk, I just need to get more clips for it. The lower center console is from an Integra, I just need to clean it up a bit.

dancam

Registered VIP
How are you liking a manual trans so far? Harder for people to get used to after learning on an auto.
Getting rid of the exhaust?
Those seats look nice! Are they comefy?
How many km on the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilikethetunahere

How are you liking a manual trans so far? Harder for people to get used to after learning on an auto.
Getting rid of the exhaust?
Those seats look nice! Are they comefy?
How many km on the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like it so far, I've driven other manuals before (mainly around parking lots), but I had to take this on the highway home last night!
I'm gonna keep the exhaust for now, but I want different wheels! The seats are actually pretty comfy, I like them. There's 105k miles on the car itself, and the PO wasn't sure about engine mileage. He had to finish the swap, so he put all new items he needed, including timing belt about a year and a half ago.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not a bad start! I would love to own an EF chassis one day as a project car. I wouldn't really say the car is "riced out" anyways, maybe the exhaust is a little overzealous being turned, but other than that, its not "ricey" in the normal aspect.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is there any progress on this de-ricing process? Few things sound more interesting than "de-ricing a Honda" on here.

ilikethetunahere

Is there any progress on this de-ricing process? Few things sound more interesting than "de-ricing a Honda" on here.
Not a whole lot... The most I've done so far is remove the shocker sticker. Weather/work haven't given me a good opportunity to do work on it yet!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Weather delays can be frustrating. At least removing that sticker is a great start. Those shocker stickers just scream "Im under 25" to me, and not in a good way.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fixed....

Those shocker stickers just scream "Im under 25, wear skinny jeans, live with my parents, have no ambition, but am much cooler and faster than you because I drive a ground scraping, stanced, JDM Honduh Civic, Y0!".

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:haha:You definitely read my mind. Being a mod now, I gotta tone it down a little, but Im glad you got it.
Skinny jeans = womens pants put in the mens section.

Avoiding thread jacking status, @ilikethetunahere , any time to make progress yet?

ilikethetunahere

:haha:You definitely read my mind. Being a mod now, I gotta tone it down a little, but Im glad you got it.
Skinny jeans = womens pants put in the mens section.

Avoiding thread jacking status, @ilikethetunahere , any time to make progress yet?
Well, progress is being made but not the type I hoped for... It's currently in the shop getting a new hub and bearing on the driver side. It started to wobble like crazy the other day, and ate the hub up also... So she's out of the game for a few days.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I want that center console! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
The paint scheme reminds me of one of the Carol Shelby Packages on the 80's Daytonas.

Seeing an EF that isn't beat to s**t makes me miss mine.