Castrol Magnatec usage progress

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That looks really clean in there. By the way, I hope you don't mind that I change your title from "Under oil cap 2015 Honda Civic" to be more direct to the point of your thread. I hope you plan to continue showing the progress over time.

jackdog1

Castrol EDGE is great. My accord's engine even sounded a bit better after I put it in. If you like Castrol you should keep an eye on Advance Auto, we usually have good deals on it every month (e.g. 5qts Castrol Edge + Purolator BOSS filter for $32)

HockeyZombies

Respected
Been getting the Magnatec at 4.79qt from napa. I have a oil analysis coming. Castrol Edge ran fine...I just loaded up on enough magnatec to last a long time.

That looks really clean in there. By the way, I hope you don't mind that I change your title from "Under oil cap 2015 Honda Civic" to be more direct to the point of your thread. I hope you plan to continue showing the progress over time.
Hey thanks! I will post any changes as soon as possible. Ive been really impressed with how it looks inside the fill spout. Changed filter yesterday and added 2/10 qt of lubegard biotech to top off. New oil filter..but oil has around 5 to 6k with oil life at 50 percent status.

Last edited by a moderator:

HockeyZombies

Respected
20160830_172242.jpg 20160830_172213.jpg Message_1472399547008.jpg

That was my last bit of Castrol 0w20. I was contacted by Shell/Pennzoil and they are sending me out a care package of Pennzoil ultra platinum 0w20 and an analysis kit to send in. Going to Napa after Sept to pick up my 24qts of ultra platinum on sale.

HockeyZombies

Respected
Thought I would share the data on Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20 after 9k miles plus with a fram ultra filter and AEM Dryflow doing the filtering..... Message_1481936256535.jpg Message_1481936181141.jpg