195-70R14. Will they fit?

Beaver

00 DX hatchback. I have 4 winter tires with about 400km on them. My daughter's civic needs winter tires. It would be nice to know one way or the other if they'll fit before she mounts them. Will 195-70r14 tires fit?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes.
I have 70 series winter tires for my '98 Civic, fit fine with stock suspension.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I too had 70 series winter tires, on my '97. No problems at all.

Beaver

Update in case anyone else wonders. They fit, however, there is a bump in the road at an intersection that if I drive regularly. I drove my daughters car and notice that if I go too fast with the wheels turned fairly sharp and hit the bump the front tires rub for an instant.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Update in case anyone else wonders. They fit, however, there is a bump in the road at an intersection that if I drive regularly. I drove my daughters car and notice that if I go too fast with the wheels turned fairly sharp and hit the bump the front tires rub for an instant.
I too have noticed that, but it's few and far between does it happen for me. It has to be a fairly significant bump in the road.
I would have preferred 60 series 14" tires, but at the time I was looking for winter tires, I had found a set of 70 series tires, used one season for a steal of a price, which is how I settled for the higher profile tire. The way I see it, I'm only using them for maybe 3 months out of the year.