need help with led drl install!

mrshlz

hey !! i have a 2005 civic (7th gen) and recently installed led bulbs for my drl lights. worked but had a fast flicker so i got a canbus decoder and now the daytimes do not work but work as high beams. Also drl light is on on my dash until i turn headlights on but my drl lights are not working. Can anyone give me some advice on this issue? Thanks!

Eteggy

When it comes to Drl lights u have to add a resistor in line the same one that U use for hids or to stop fast turn signal ... putco makes a nice one usually about 10 bucks wire it between power and ground

mrshlz

When it comes to Drl lights u have to add a resistor in line the same one that U use for hids or to stop fast turn signal ... putco makes a nice one usually about 10 bucks wire it between power and ground
Thanks Eteggy. Yes, i have purchased an led resistor and am awaiting delivery so i can install them to my leds.... will update!

mrshlz

Can you purchase DRL LED lights that operate in the 12-14.5V range? That may be another option to look into.
yes i am also looking into this... thought the canbus decoder /resisitor i purchased would have solved this problem but my led bulbs are probably low voltage.

Eteggy

Problem with DRL on a Honda they operate at around 6v and leds need require 12v to work correctly good luck