Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Time to look into getting the annual flu shot!
It wasn't the flu, and there is no way in hell I'll ever get that useless shot again after being forced for so many years in the military...and getting sick with the flu each year.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:thumbdown

Scientific studies clearly demonstrate that the flu vaccine saves many lives every year. Perhaps someday it will save your life or somebody you love. :thumbup:

Have you considered that you did not get the flu and instead got some other respiratory infection?
Without getting into debate, I've done my research as has my wife, and we are not of the same opinion as you and in no way to I mean to offend. But I firmly stand against it and will have no part of it. And she is near deathly allergic to each of the types available. She is in health care and "required" to have it, but she is exempt due to the nasty side effects she's experienced. But we have no problem with anyone that so chooses. The ability to choose what you put into your body is that which we enjoy, while not mandated by the govt or other such careers.

What I generally was sick with, along with many people I knew on both ship and shore, was not a respiratory problem. I was sick each year I was forced to get the shot and not when I was able to slip through the cracks.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Those who administer flu vaccines must complete a questionaire with patients. A severe past allergic reaction to the flu vaccine is clearly a contraindication for vaccine administration. Fortunately, it’s rare.

However, your characterization of the vaccine as useless is patently false and should not be accepted as “alternate“ truth.

Sorry for temporarily dragging your thread off topic. That was not my intention. Carry on. =)
With anything, each person will have their opinion, hopefully based on their own research and conclusions based on that, and not by forum/overheard conversations/anything of the sort. Those types of information should only serve to drive ones own research to come to that personal conclusion. So that is a disclaimer for this side road topic for anyone reading. Take the info with a grain of salt and do your own research and decide what is best for you or your family =)

And yes, back to our regularly scheduled program...haha.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That wiper cowl is pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So my daughter picked up pink eye at daycare. Awesome. Used naptime to get some work done. Finished up the interior before bed last night. Next!

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Looking bad ass, all quality names in there.. you have a planned completion date or just goin with the flow?

Sent from my boujea ass phone

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking bad ass, all quality names in there.. you have a planned completion date or just goin with the flow?
I tried to live by some dates last year and it didn't work out. Now I'm just rolling along until its done. Closing up the interior was kind a check to register for SpringFest in VA Beach in June...I know, the event name doesn't match the month. They have pushed the event over the years due to the growing size and venue availability. So anyway, I'd like to be done for that.

Possible bad hygiene management at daycare, though most kids have poo-poo all over their fingers. :shock:
Who knows. I do know that the kids stay sick with something for months in there. My daughter doesn't get nearly as sick as the rest of them, but that is just how it goes. We think that was really a viral pink eye though. The symptoms more lined up with that. And after the reaction she had to the eye drops, we discontinued them and used an antihistamine. The same day, boom, night and day difference. I'm just glad she's feeling better. It was a mess with her not sleeping most of the night for several days due to her feeling like poo.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow, this build is on a whole new level. Those floor cut outs for your feet, is that custom? Is this car strictly track?
Thanks!

The floor plates are made by PCI. The car is a track day/autocross/show/Tail of the Dragon...event based car. Not a daily. But its still registered and "legal" to be driven around.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I took last week off to get a push on the car.

Ball joints pressed. Load of OEM parts picked up. Fenders hard fitted prior to going in for paint. Top1 track canards test fitted (uncertain).

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Basically new Spoon linkage knuckle drilled out in favor of a Dyno Designs tyrannosaur tightener. PS lines changed to new. JDM oil pump removed and 4P USDM installed...derp, the timing cover is different. Changed the cover to the correct now. Changed the route of the WireWorx headlight harness.

Last edited:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And the moment we've all, well maybe just me, been waiting for...clutch kit installed and install!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Fenders back from paint, with purple being dominate with a flash...lol. Just showing the inner tab being painted because it's visible through the vent. No one will likely even notice, but I did. Also, Downstar full rear trailing arm kit with LCA's.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Nice work cant wait to see the final product. Any info on that shifter tightener? My shifter has left to right slop from the pin being drilled.. going to need this if i dont find all the crv parts i need before may.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice work cant wait to see the final product. Any info on that shifter tightener? My shifter has left to right slop from the pin being drilled.. going to need this if i dont find all the crv parts i need before may.

Thanks!

So the knuckle joint is named above. Downstar sells it, but they are currently out of stock. But if you look at the product on the site, they have a couple videos to show about it. The email for the maker is also there. You can email them and discuss the next batch release. I did this and they offered to put me in the waiting list. I did that, but Frank got his shipment in and I ordered and cancelled my wait list.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Great thanks, might be coming down to myrtle in the next few months id love to check this project out time permitting of course..