Sir purchase

Lorenzo24

Hey everybody! New to the forum here and just wanted some feedback.

I’m looking at purchasing a SIR civic. In Canada the sir is just the si from the us. The one I’m looking at purchasing is a 1999 all original , no mods except a new radio. It has 317,000kms and he is willing to sell it to me for $2000. That includes brand new brakes on the car, torque mounts , passenger axle, and battery that he has done. Also includes a second set of snow tires and rims.

Just wondering if that is a lot of kilometers for these cars? Looked at a 2000 sir last week that had 321k on it and he was asking $4400.

Looks like one spot of rust on drivers rear quarter, front bumper is cracked and so is rear bumper.

Thanks in advance guys !

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
I'd say it's a good deal for SIR. A cleanest SIR could go for more than $5k. you can always fix the rust on the quarter panel and I've seen all original 99 si selling for 5-8k down here in Florida So I'd say go for it and you can always rebuild the engine since it's almost 200k miles(in US)

Lorenzo24

I'd say it's a good deal for SIR. A cleanest SIR could go for more than $5k. you can always fix the rust on the quarter panel and I've seen all original 99 si selling for 5-8k down here in Florida So I'd say go for it and you can always rebuild the engine since it's almost 200k miles(in US)

Yeah for sure !! Looks like a clean car from the photos. It’s almost a 2 hour drive one way , so I’m hoping it’s worth it. Do these motors have a lot of issues?

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Yeah for sure !! Looks like a clean car from the photos. It’s almost a 2 hour drive one way , so I’m hoping it’s worth it. Do these motors have a lot of issues?
Post up the pics of that SIR, Honestly not really...I'd always recommend to tune up once you get it to ensure that it's good but of course got to test drive it before buying it, so that's the way you'd know it's running legit or whatever. B16a is pretty good engine and No not always. the stock the better it is lol. Good luck!

Lorenzo24

Post up the pics of that SIR, Honestly not really...I'd always recommend to tune up once you get it to ensure that it's good but of course got to test drive it before buying it, so that's the way you'd know it's running legit or whatever. B16a is pretty good engine and No not always. the stock the better it is lol. Good luck!
Yeah I wanted to find a stock one!

I’ll attach pics, one pic you can see the rust on the one quarter panel. I know the front bumper is cracked bad so it’ll need a new one, don’t know how bad the rear one is.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Damnn that thing is clean and nice cluster! How bad is the rust on the quarter panel? and is there any rust under the car? If there is bad rust under the car then I'd pass on that( if you're going there to check it out) It might give you a headache in over time, It's depend on how bad the rust overall. Any engine picture?

Lorenzo24

Damnn that thing is clean and nice cluster! How bad is the rust on the quarter panel? and is there any rust under the car? If there is bad rust under the car then I'd pass on that( if you're going there to check it out) It might give you a headache in over time, It's depend on how bad the rust overall. Any engine picture?
Well you can see by the one photo the rust doesn’t look bad at all. Yeah once I get there I’m gonna be heckling underneath and in the trunk for sure. Didn’t have an engine bay pic but he said it even has the stock airbox. Was just recently certified as well

Lorenzo24

Lorenzo24

Actually here is the engine pic .

He did New battery, all new pads and rotors, left rear caliper, 2 torque mounts and right front axle.

Comes with 2 sets of tires and rims too.

Seems like a too good to be true deal for one of these? Lol

Attachments

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
damn that bix's dirty as hella! lol but that's 1 hell of a deal! I'd say go check it out n take her for a test drive. If you like it, buy it!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if in doubt, you could always do a compression test prior to purchase

Lorenzo24

damn that bix's dirty as hella! lol but that's 1 hell of a deal! I'd say go check it out n take her for a test drive. If you like it, buy it!
Well I went down to see it and the car was in good shape. There was a bit more rust on the one quarter panel then I thought, and there was some dents on the body too which was expected. When I looked under neath , it looked clean but the lines have been replaced but kinda sketchy with compression fittings. Anyways we settled on a price to buy it. Goal was to drive it home, but after struggling so much with insurance and service Ontario, I just gave up on it, I just was so frustrated and never hit so many road blocks when trying to buy a car haha. After all that I just wasn't feeling good about the car so I took a pass on it. So I'm still looking! Anyone have one to sell in Canada?