Buy?

Donaldk251

Going to look at a 1990 ed6 hatchback. Original owner 76K garage kept no winters. Excellent shape, still stock. They are asking $3900.00. Is it worth it and should I buy it.
Thank you!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$3900 for a 1990? I doubt it. Pics?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That seems a bit pricey for a non SI model, but depends how bad you want it I suppose.
Any type of rot or rust?
4 or 5 spd Manual or is it an auto?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got them down to 3500$ No rust, no rot needs steering linkage. 4 speed manual.
They're drunk or on crack!
That is WAY to much for this!
It's the bottom of the barrel base(STD) model, 13" wheels with the DPFI and 70hp motor, vinyl seats (guessing blue), no shift console just a straight shifter out of the floor with a rubber boot and ball knob, no rear wiper, black bumpers and the center tail light section is just black.

Looks something like this?
honda_civic_88_B47M_04.jpg

Donaldk251

They're drunk or on crack!
That is WAY to much for this!
It's the bottom of the barrel base(STD) model, 13" wheels with the DPFI and 70hp motor, vinyl seats (guessing blue), no shift console just a straight shifter out of the floor with a rubber boot and ball knob, no rear wiper, black bumpers and the center tail light section is just black.

Looks something like this?
View attachment 30240
Like this but red and the rest of your description is accurate. I will not buy it. Thank you!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Like this but red and the rest of your description is accurate. I will not buy it. Thank you!
I forgot they came in Red too. It also may or may not have a passenger side mirror as well.
It literally is the plain jane, no frills, no nothing, lightest model.
That being said, regardless of how nice it is, it still needs a steering linkage I still feel nearly $4k for it is still too much for what it is.