Made some gutter skirts today...

JameBoy

My 1996 was missing the oem side skirts so I made some out of some squared gutters ... 15498268115146123189403020582773.jpg tell me what you think...

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stock side skirts are easy to find, since i think they are the same for all models(hatch/sedan/coupe) 96-00 and are going to fit.
I would get a set of those, prep them and body match the color.
They're going to look much more sleek and not trap the dirt those rain gutters are going to trap, then help promote build up of dirt, moisture and rot the car out from the bottom.
I would have saved the time and not had any on at all.

JameBoy

Stock side skirts are easy to find, since i think they are the same for all models(hatch/sedan/coupe) 96-00 and are going to fit.
I would get a set of those, prep them and body match the color.
They're going to look much more sleek and not trap the dirt those rain gutters are going to trap, then help promote build up of dirt, moisture and rot the car out from the bottom.
I would have saved the time and not had any on at all.

Yeah I've spent a month looking for oem skirts for a coupe...they're not easy to find ...found some used ones for 150$...but this was a lot cheaper...I've weather stripped the inside under the door where the skirts kept the frame to keep water from collecting.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
found some used ones for 150$...
Where have you actually looked and where did you find them for that outrageously stupid price?

6th gens are pretty plentiful in my local junkyards and the sideskirts are nothing special.
Search your local craigslist too for someone parting a car out.
You should be able to score some for under $50 and get the car looking like it should.