Finished with some minor cosmetics, thoughts?

J110113

Respected
I put an amazon cold air intake in, spray painted the plastic cover and grill, then tinted the headlights. I don’t really recommend it honestly, I couldn’t see, it’s not there anymore lol. 30399 30400 30401 30402 30403 30404

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That intake will do nothing but make noise and suck in hot air...

tinted the headlights. I don’t really recommend it honestly, I couldn’t see.
What did you think was going to happen?
I'm not even sure why this was thought of as a good idea.

J110113

Respected
That intake will do nothing but make noise and suck in hot air...

Yeah but, the noise is a great note, and the car is noticeably doing better. With the stock intake it was bogging down. With the short ram it is doing a lot better

J110113

Respected
They were tinted with a light reactive film, they get clear when the lights turn on, or were supposed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah but, the noise is a great note, and the car is noticeably doing better. With the stock intake it was bogging down.
I doubt the intake Honda researched and installed on the car was making the car "bog down".
What better for a motor than hot air......

J110113

Respected
I doubt the intake Honda researched and installed on the car was making the car "bog down".
What better for a motor than hot air......
It’s not hot air, it’s cooler air than the black (which absorbs heat) plastic (which insulates pretty well) air box and has less resistance so the throttle body gets cooler air flowing easier making the car a little bit perkier, not and extreme amount, but it does better than it did, being that it had 150k miles on it.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It’s not hot air, it’s cooler air than the black
How is it not?
It's now pulling HOT air directly from engine bay, closer and right next to the motor, without any restriction around the filter, picking up ALL the heated air?

J110113

Respected
How is it not?
It's now pulling HOT air directly from engine bay, closer and right next to the motor, without any restriction around the filter, picking up ALL the heated air?
Put a heat guard and planning to do a hood vent later on.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put a heat guard and planning to do a hood vent later on.

Sounds like you're backpedaling........
You'd be lucky and I'd be surprised if you saw more than a 3-4 hp gain with that "mod".

If you have to spend money on an intake, at least put it into an actual CAI that reaches low to grab actual cool air.
I suppose the saving grace with an aftermarket intake is you can just clean your filter instead of replacing it.

J110113

Respected
Sounds like you're backpedaling........
You'd be lucky and I'd be surprised if you saw more than a 3-4 hp gain with that "mod".

If you have to spend money on an intake, at least put it into an actual CAI that reaches low to grab actual cool air.
I suppose the saving grace with an aftermarket intake is you can just clean your filter instead of replacing it.
I could always grab extra piping but I understand

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just wouldn't waste time with a heat guard or a stupid hood vent.

alex98

Nice! My OCD says you need to clean the engine bay and paint the valve cover & exhaust manifold heat shield. I'm also not a fan of aftermarket intakes, even though they sound awesome when you get on it. I think the stock intake with a Wix or K&N filter is the better way to go, unless of course you got a full on build in progress.