Aftermarket steering wheel?????

dslpow3r

Respected
Hello everyone,

Was looking for some opinions regarding the stock steering wheel. I currently daily drive a 1995 Civic Coupe EX in Southern California and after reading the owners manual it states that the airbag in the vehicle should be checked/replaced every 10 years. I'm assuming my car still has the original factory installed bag. My biggest fear would be to get into a fender bender, airbag goes off and jacks me up significantly. So since I'm not planning to enter it into a beauty contest I have been surfing Ebay and came across some steering wheel/ hub combos for around 40.00 bucks. What do you all think?

twpaq

I would go with a name brand product. Don't cheap out on some aftermarket parts that are important as a steering wheel. What if something happens? I remember some guy I follow on social media bought one and the steering wheel broke. I'm not sure on the airbags, but if it is your preference to go without them I don't see that being an issue. Get something of quality and make the right investment first time around. I'll be getting the hub and steering wheel combo as well.

twpaq

That will likely be my set up in the future. Looks good too!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My biggest fear would be to get into a fender bender, airbag goes off and jacks me up significantly.
That's an odd biggest fear to have, considering no airbag could mean a hard steering wheel in your face instead. I would not put an aftermarket wheel in your car if that's your only reason.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's an odd biggest fear to have, considering no airbag could mean a hard steering wheel in your face instead.
That's what I was thinking...
After all this time, I wouldn't be worried about the airbag in that car.

alex98

Maybe consider a S2000 steering wheel as an option? Aftermarket steering wheels aren't exactly legal in CA, unless it's an older car that never had airbags to begin with.

CA Vehicle Code