1997 Civic buckin like a bronco!

Chaser2234

This just started tonight. Pulled out of a gas station, and as I let the clutch out, the clutch felt like it fully engaged, then disengaged, then repeated till I fully depressed the clutch pedal and threw it into second gear. This only seems to happen when I start in first, If I ride the clutch, it seems fine. When I start in second, it doesn't do it. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Edit: it's been happening for a few days now, and the more I drive it, it seems like the fuel is cutting on and off. What could be the cause?

Last edited:

spo0ned

I cannot actually get is it a problem with a clutch or with fuel
anyway u can check both)
If there's something wrong with a pedal - u should look at slave cylinder, it should be somewhere around ur gearbox) and check if it not leaks

and u said that is all starts after the gas station, so maybe it was a low-quality fuel, so u head to fuel up ur car once again

aaaand if don't get it at all, please explain me once again what happened to ur car)

Chaser2234

I cannot actually get is it a problem with a clutch or with fuel
anyway u can check both)
If there's something wrong with a pedal - u should look at slave cylinder, it should be somewhere around ur gearbox) and check if it not leaks

and u said that is all starts after the gas station, so maybe it was a low-quality fuel, so u head to fuel up ur car once again

aaaand if don't get it at all, please explain me once again what happened to ur car)

No there is nothing wrong with any of the pedals. It only happens in first and second gears at or above half throttle. I've already changed the distributor cap and rotor and plug wires. Didn't need to change the plugs. Its really frustrating

Chaser2234

No there is nothing wrong with any of the pedals. It only happens in first and second gears at or above half throttle. I've already changed the distributor cap and rotor and plug wires. Didn't need to change the plugs. Its really frustrating
It feels like when you dump the clutch at idle, that sudden Jerking and and then it takes off, then does it all over again, about once a second, till I change up a gear