What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There was a beautiful 04 VW R32 on BringATrailer.com today with only 50k miles I wanted. Just couldn't justify buying another car.
You should buy a b7 s4 instead, I even know of one for sale possibly ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ordered a Skunk2 alpha header for my fa5, wife doesn't know, and wont even when it's installed cause it's already ungodly loud as is, lol.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That’s nice! I’m just trying to reduce inventory and never drive it. I prefer my truck or srt jeep

Finally got my srt10 hood for my truck after waiting on mopar for 6 weeks, time to start putting it all back together. on a far less fun note I Also ordered my new gas furnace and ac system, not nearly as exciting. Adulting blows

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bought a house last week =)
RSX hit 200000 miles this weekend :(
Going to Texas for the season opener of the Cowboys game against the Giants =)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My daughter is sick so she’s staying home with me today. So pretty much gonna party all day at my house...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally have internet at the new place
Just got back from seeing IT2
Hoping a new flashlight shows up today otherwise it better be here Monday when my pry bar arrives
Probably going to order a new duty belt & fixin's today

Trying to sell things and get the garage and driveway cleared up. The Virago cleaned up pretty nice for some pictures.
Noice, hopefully I can get around to washing mine today
Finally hit 600mi so I need to arrange a pickup for it's first service and all that so I can now be limited to 10.5k instead of 7k until 1000mi or whatever the next break-in mileage is.

Bought a house last week =)
RSX hit 200000 miles this weekend :(
Going to Texas for the season opener of the Cowboys game against the Giants =)
Nothing wrong with hitting that, the S2000 is at 212k and the Civic is somewhere higher than that I think. Haven't driven it since getting the bike but I know it's up there somewhere.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got the hood on and intercooler for the truck, now just to paint and finish it up. Finished up a bunch of other odds and ends. It’s time for winter vehicle prep

Booked a Cabin in the poconos for a week for our one year anniversary in October. I’m due for a vacation.

Also the wife got a browning buckmark over the weekend and I ended up buying a judge magnum since they didn’t have what I wanted. Don’t mind my 3/4 thumb, also I don’t recommend chopping part of your thumb off

Got my crawl space insulated also finally, now just waiting on the furnace and ac unit since they sent the wrong persons. I am ready for winter so I can slow down. Too much too do and not enough time

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We're really going to just glance over the size of that intercooler? no
Diesel life, everything’s big except the room the work. When a wheel and tire weighs 100 plus pounds and small turbos are in the 60s. I could probably almost fit a civic in the bed

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fixed a broken soldering iron today. Had a moment of "... need a solder iron... to fix this solder iron..." before realizing I had a spare.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got a package wrapped in another package

Taped it up and tried being careful but that clip was stubborn
Now my exhaust looks like just about every other M4 out there

Before

After

A GoPro-quality sound clip

And then Friday my TV died just a few days shy of being exactly 10yrs old
Went out and did a pretty good upgrade to where I needed to add something sturdy to put it on

Finally made it to Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum. It's been in my backyard all this time and I didn't even know..
Finally looked into it. Holy s**t.
That video playing in the background of home page showing just how massive that area is you showed, good lord. Definitely need to hit that up.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That exhaust looks and sounds awesome.

... I wish mine had a little baffle thing I could re-install though, it's actually too loud for me.

Finally looked into it. Holy s**t.
That video playing in the background of home page showing just how massive that area is you showed, good lord. Definitely need to hit that up.
Yeah! do eet!

They're having a vintage festival October 4-6th, I'm going to try to make it.

https://www.barbermuseum.org/barber-vintage-festival/

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ordered just about all new duty gear except the gun holster, can't seem to find a reputable seller with one in stock ready to ship.

Was going to ride to San Diego today but turned back about halfway due to time.
Found out what the bike's top speed is though on the return.
Also got pulled over for my first time on it, got lucky on that one.

Now just trying to kill some time since i need to adjust my sleep schedule for next 3 weeks of working midnights.

And finally, trying to get a plan in order to start things up with this chick at work.

Don't think I've mentioned it here but yeah there's a girl there I've been digging for whatever reason. Found out she rides and started a convo using that one night but messed it up by giving her my number instead of vice versa. Then a few nights ago got that fixed when we had the same duty station. Pretty much had me at "I want a 3-car garage" + was down for my joke of "wanna go halvsies on a house next year?"
She's cute, cool attitude, rides, and our gun lockers are next to each other so you could say things are getting pretty serious :lol: Then this week the apt complex was resealing a section of the parking lot so I moved my bike next to another one...and who do I see the next morning looking at me? Yeah, she lives 100ft away from me apparently so now it's become a joke to race each other home. Still haven't ridden together but that'll change Wednesday for sure.

Last edited:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ordered just about all new duty gear except the gun holster, can't seem to find a reputable seller with one in stock ready to ship.

Was going to ride to San Diego today but turned back about halfway due to time.
Found out what the bike's top speed is though on the return.
Also got pulled over for my first time on it, got lucky on that one.

Now just trying to kill some time since i need to adjust my sleep schedule for next 3 weeks of working midnights.

And finally, trying to get a plan in order to start things up with this chick at work.

Don't think I've mentioned it here but yeah there's a girl there I've been digging for whatever reason. Found out she rides and started a convo using that one night but messed it up by giving her my number instead of vice versa. Then a few nights ago got that fixed when we had the same duty station. Pretty much had me at "I want a 3-car garage" + was down for my joke of "wanna go halvsies on a house next year?"
She's cute, cool attitude, rides, and our gun lockers are next to each other so you could say things are getting pretty serious :lol: Then this week the apt complex was resealing a section of the parking lot so I moved my bike next to another one...and who do I see the next morning looking at me? Yeah, she lives 100ft away from me apparently so now it's become a joke to race each other home. Still haven't ridden together but that'll change Wednesday for sure.
My only advice, don’t piss her off. She can hit while running and knows how to cover it up.

Finally got my truck back and running right, I still need to get the hood and grill painted though, that will probably be after vacation since I need the truck to take the wood and dogs to the cabin

Also got the last of my ar9 parts on the way, along with a vortex venom optic. Now to decide what’s next, build a .300blk or buy an mp5. Theres too many guns I would like to get

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My only advice, don’t piss her off. She can hit while running and knows how to cover it up.

Now to decide what’s next, build a .300blk or buy an mp5. Theres too many guns I would like to get
Go for the MP5. I have no experience with either yet, but I say that just because I want one as well.

1) lololol, you reminded me we had a runner a couple of nights ago. Female tried running in, female security guard gets out of the truck and clotheslines the chick to the pavement before any officers could get over there to cuff up.

2) :lol: Like I used to tell tourists in Key West who pissed me off "there's a lot of water to try finding a body in" so I've had to change the 'water' to 'sand/desert'. But no, definitely not planning on pissing off any girlfriends in the near future.

Tried setting lunch up but of course she won't be back in town until after I'm already on the way to work.
Also got my shift assignment yesterday. Tried getting swings, partially because that's what she's on + 15% differential.
Nope, got days. Zero pay differential, straight blood money for the next FY.
Guess I should've just kept my initial selection of midnights for that 20%

Also ordered some furniture a few minutes ago.
Hundreds cheaper than the local store from the manufacturers website + free shipping instead of "we might even be able to provide free delivery" + they have it in store and would have to order it anyway. Bed should be here Friday and the nightstands within 2-3 weeks. Just need a mattress, sofa, maybe a coffee table and I should be set. Then just get ready to maybe buy a house next year.