Should I invest in a CAI? Or keep stock air filter?

ThePratel89

Hello all! this is my first post, I was looking for some advice about whether or not I should get a cold air intake for my Honda.
I've read all about the pros and cons, but heard that cold air intakes can let more debris into the engine.

My primary goal is fuel efficiency over horsepower, does anyone have any experience and/or advice? Thanks in advance!! 30864

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've read all about the pros and cons, but heard that cold air intakes can let more debris into the engine.
From what you read, can your be more specific as to what you "heard" about CAI letting more debris in?
Unless you have a poor quality filter setup or no filter at all, it shouldn't let any more than the OEM filter.

ThePratel89

Thanks for the reply, and it could 100% be that this person had a crappy CAI or didn't know what they were talking about, but they said that if i used an intake from K&N, that it would allow more debris like dirt and stuff into the engine than if I used the standard air filter.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they said that if i used an intake from K&N, that it would allow more debris like dirt and stuff into the engine than if I used the standard air filter.
I doubt that. K&N is a reputable company that has been around for decades and I'm certain they put the R&D when developing filters.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the suggestion I will check them out, that might be exactly what I'm looking for.
Being that it replaces the stock filter and you can wash it and reuse it, you'd be money ahead of having to buy another filter again.