New 10th Gen Civic owner

OnSale

So I have a 2012 Ram 1500 and I had a 2012 Chevy Malibu that was my daily driver but it was starting to really fall apart so I needed a new daily driver as my Ram is more of a fun toy then a daily driver since it is basically a 2 seater.

So I stopped by CarMax and ended up leaving with a 2016 Honda Civic Touring Edition, with every single factory option available in 2016. Every Single Option, even the rear seats are heated [emoji16]

Info:
2016 Honda Civic
Touring Edition
34k miles
1 Owner Clean Carfax
$14,995 ($3,300 below national average for this year/miles/features)
Factory Touring LED Headlights
Cream colored leather with black center stripe
Front + Rear Heated Seats
Sunroof
Remote Start
Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
Tons of safety stuff like lane assist, cameras for turn signals that show side view when turn signal is on, collision prevention auto braking, etc.
A long list of cool features.

And now the pictures:

And one of the best things on this car: the Touring edition led headlights. I build custom headlights for a living, mostly in the Ram community, and my current setup is a quad Morimoto D2S 4.0 setup, 2 projectors in each headlight, so 2 for low, shields drop on both for highs, tons of other stuff but the main point is the projectors and I’m saying this because these civic headlights are almost as good as my quad D2S retrofit which is just insane. I’ve never seen OEM headlights that were this crisp, in color and cutoff. I’m sort of sad I don’t get to upgrade them or build a custom set haha.

So now I can have a safe daily driver, while my Ram takes some naps and gets a break. My old daily driver was falling apart so badly that my Ram became my daily driver and my daily driver became a once and awhile car lmao. Defeated the purpose of it.

For anyone interested, here is my Ram Hemi.

Oh and my GF also has a 10th Gen Civic, 2019 Sport+ model I think? One step below Touring.

OnSale

Oh, what do you guys think of the price I paid for the year/model/miles? Did I get a good deal? From my research, I was extremely happy with the price, but of course I am open to hear opinions from the community that currently knows more then me about this Gen civic.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I could get with the times and really like these new Civics, but they're just so soulless.

OnSale

I wish I could get with the times and really like these new Civics, but they're just so soulless.
lol to each their own... when I was younger I had a couple different 90’s civics, mostly eg hatchbacks, one ek, I had a del sol si, I had a 94 Integra gsr, I also had a bunch of other “sports” cars from the late 80’s/90’s; s13 & s14 240’s (I had mine in 2003-2004 before it was the cool car everyone owns and drifts), I had a few DSM’s, 97 talon tsi awd, 91 gsx with a big 16g, fmic, 262/274 cams, etc. was a beast. One of my top 3 favorite cars I have yet to own was my 99 anniversary edition eclipse gsx. Awd 4g63t with a big 16g, fmic, plus supporting mods. If f**king hauled ass and had leather, subs in the trunk, etc. loved that thing it was so amazing to drive. I also owned a 93 fd rx7, one of my other top 3 favorite cars I’ve owned to date.

i listed some of my previous cars to give you an idea of my taste in cars, and honestly, I am loving this 10th Gen more and more every day I drive it. It is beyond comfortable, the luxury/modern features are just so nice to have, and it’s actually pretty quick for being stock. I’m excited to lightly mod the engine with an intake, boost controller, bov and some hard piping for the IC and that’s probably it. Just to get some turbo spools for my ears, a little extra air for the motor to breathe and it should run a little cooler too.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I listed some of my previous cars to give you an idea of my taste in cars, and honestly, I am loving this 10th Gen more and more every day I drive it.
I can't get into the over engineered tech in some of these cars, more to go wrong.
But with the angular aesthetics on most of these new cars, in on out, they all look the same and flat out ugly. There seems to be a lack of creativity and flow.

Subaru is a perfect example as they made some peculiar cars back in the late 80,s -90,s, you could tell it was a Subaru. Now the Civic looks like a Legacy, which looks like a Camry, which look like a Hyundai, etc...

Last edited: