I need help with what exhaust to get for the first mod

ShaneyDooDoo

I am having trouble deciding what to get, what diameter I need, whats best for Hp and nice sound as well. Ive been looking at skunk2 but the one that fits my car is 3" and a buddy who builds Subaru says thats too big but the 50 and 60mm say they don't fit the Si only DX. The engine is stock other than an SRI i just put on from AEM. I ordered a CAI as well but i'm nervous to put it on for hydro lock. This is my first MOD car ever and I'm losing my mind trying to figure out what to do.

97ekRivera

I am having trouble deciding what to get, what diameter I need, whats best for Hp and nice sound as well. Ive been looking at skunk2 but the one that fits my car is 3" and a buddy who builds Subaru says thats too big but the 50 and 60mm say they don't fit the Si only DX. The engine is stock other than an SRI i just put on from AEM. I ordered a CAI as well but i'm nervous to put it on for hydro lock. This is my first MOD car ever and I'm losing my mind trying to figure out what to do.
yonaka is a really good brand. it doesn't sound like a loud fart can, its pretty silent but has that good rumble sound. also there's Invidia and tomei but they're pricey. my advice would be to start with suspension upgrades, for example getting some new coil overs, upper control arms etc, and start to replace old an worn out parts with new ones (even if they're OEM). and stay with the SRI, also do a wire tuck, maybe battery relocation to the trunk. pretty much clean up your engine bay. You could also do power steering and ac delete if you want to. a good fitment and clean set of wheels will make any car look 10x better tbh.

Prorider686

You’re not gonna really get gains for intake and exhaust if anything it’s a small slight difference in feel. Yonaka and skunk 2 is your best bet. Keep in mind skunk2 is hard to come around if you own a non si model

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Since when?
Yonaka has turned into a decent brand for exhaust systems. Picked up a cat back for the CRV, it was well built. Good stainless steel thickness, nice welds and good polished finish on the muffler. With a high flow catalyst it has a nice rumble tone with absolutely NO rasp.