Duel charging

Brucesgal68

The stroke on the 1.8l engine is fine as. I find that the bipass between the supercharger and the turbocharger is easiest to do a mph. Setting the supercharger to shut off at around 50mph and allowing the turbocharger to take over. A lot of kits try to replace the crankshaft which is not necessary. Good pistons, racing mains and lowering the oil pump is.

I never do the head and injections but buy them, and take them to the machine shop for careful installation. This is a pain free and low cost means of avoiding messing up. But the rest is easily done by releasing the engine mounting raising the engine but not removing it. Then replacing both the intake and exhaust manifolds.

I have seen kits as high as 8,000 dollars but what actually is necessary costs around 850.00 dollars. I prefer that the car run smoothly and extremely quiet. Why should anyone know what is under the hood.

I did find to hold it on the road an additional 1,500 in parts for proper suspension is necessary. Your running anywhere between 500 to 800 hp with good mpg but if you step on it, it must hang on the road like glue.

Any more it does not pass emission standards and if the ignition system is replaced and the CHP opens the hood your car gets confiscated. This includes reprogramming the computer system.

That’s about the legal limit.

It is not against law to have a high performance engine but it is to bipass emissions.

Brucesgal68

The stroke on the 1.8l engine is fine as. I find that the bipass between the supercharger and the turbocharger is easiest to do a mph. Setting the supercharger to shut off at around 50mph and allowing the turbocharger to take over. A lot of kits try to replace the crankshaft which is not necessary. Good pistons, racing mains and lowering the oil pump is.

I never do the head and injections but buy them, and take them to the machine shop for careful installation. This is a pain free and low cost means of avoiding messing up. But the rest is easily done by releasing the engine mounting raising the engine but not removing it. Then replacing both the intake and exhaust manifolds.

I have seen kits as high as 8,000 dollars but what actually is necessary costs around 850.00 dollars. I prefer that the car run smoothly and extremely quiet. Why should anyone know what is under the hood.

I did find to hold it on the road an additional 1,500 in parts for proper suspension is necessary. Your running anywhere between 500 to 800 hp with good mpg but if you step on it, it must hang on the road like glue.

Any more it does not pass emission standards and if the ignition system is replaced and the CHP opens the hood your car gets confiscated. This includes reprogramming the computer system.

That’s about the legal limit.

It is not against law to have a high performance engine but it is to bipass emissions.
That’s from 27 years in automotive mechanics

Brucesgal68

That’s from 27 years in automotive mechanics
Starting with a 1.8r engine a rebuilt borg Warner turbo and good super charger which works at lower speeds. High tension valve springs and shop around very slowly for fuel injection system. If you’re in a hurry this 850 budget goes to 8000 easily. The pistons can cost 250 or 1000 for the same brand. Basically plan to save money through out. The Supercharger is only for initial acceleration the turbocharger takes over when compression increases. But don’t be afraid to use Acura parts and make sure everything fits under the hood. Prices vary widely and I started with a free car.

I consider a 5000 dollar investment into a used car with all new and refurbished parts a good investment, but I don’t race the car just pointing out wa above the alternator supercharger will fit as well a 2.5 inch exhaust and intake. I had some one make both manifolds but $80.00 with four ports the exhaust. The Turbocharger cost me 350.00 and the Supercharger 180.00. The fuel injection and top end 300.00 the pistons 200.00 and mains 50.00 the spacer to drop the oil pump free.That’s the entire 8000 kit not counting a gasket kit .Shop around start with at least a 1.8R engine.