New to Forum and Need assistance locating where to hook up an OBD1 reader to my 1990 Honda Civic DX

jaxgomo

Need assistance locating where to hook up an OBD1 reader to my 1990 Honda Civic DX. Check engine light coming on randomly when I turn car off and turn back on again it goes away and doesn't return, but I would like to try and find out why it's happening. I have searched everywhere I was told to look on my car for the hook-up for the reader and I can't find it anywhere. Does it even exist? I may have the Canadian model Civic, but still would it not be in the same place as the American model? Any assistance anyone can give me would be so much appreciated. I would love to get this fixed if I can. Stay Safe - Sandy =)

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Need assistance locating where to hook up an OBD1 reader to my 1990 Honda Civic DX.
You're not going to find one since the car is OBD-0, unless someone has converted it.
OBD1 for the Civic doesn't start until the '92 model.

Read this section for 88-91 cars.

jaxgomo

You're not going to find one since the car is OBD-0, unless someone has converted it.
OBD1 for the Civic doesn't start until the '92 model.

Read this section for 88-91 cars.
Thank you so much I really appreciate your assistance with this. Have a wonderful day and stay safe =)

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thank you so much I really appreciate your assistance with this. Have a wonderful day and stay safe =)
You're welcome, no problem.