Difference between EJ9 and EKs??

bHt

I am new to the honda scene and I am trying to figure out what are the differences between ej9 and eks...one reason is because I want to add a double din dash kit on my ej9 (I found only 99-00 models and mine is 98) and I don't know if it will fit. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I really want to learn about my car. Thanks in advance. <3

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am new to the honda scene and I am trying to figure out what are the differences between ej9 and eks...one reason is because I want to add a double din dash kit on my ej9 (I found only 99-00 models and mine is 98) and I don't know if it will fit. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I really want to learn about my car. Thanks in advance. <3

"EK" is the general chassis code for all 6th gen (96-00) Civic models.
96-98 models don't have the dash space for a double DIN, they were not designed for it, simple as that.

bHt

"EK" is the general chassis code for all 6th gen (96-00) Civic models.
96-98 models don't have the dash space for a double DIN, they were not designed for it, simple as that.

Is it possible to change the whole dash to 99-00 model or it doesn't fit in the 98 model?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it possible to change the whole dash to 99-00 model or it doesn't fit in the 98 model?