**2000 Civic Y7/Y8 Swap Questions**

Coyody

Recently I purchased a '00 Civic EX coupe with a spun bearing. Long story short, I rebuilt an old y7 block and put the y8 head from the coupe on it. It came with a P2P-A12 ECU but after the swap the engine will not run on the P2P. However, if I throw my P06 with a NepTune Z6 basemap in it, it will run but not great. Before the swap the P2P ran the car fine. Am I missing something? I noticed the Y7 block doesn't have a CKP but the Y8 does. Would that be the cause? I appreciate any feedback on this.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Did you swap your OBD2 distributor to the new cylinder head? If not you will need to do that.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
If you are using the chipped OBD1 ecu and it works then it is most likely the crank position sensor missing.

Coyody

If you are using the chipped OBD1 ecu and it works then it is most likely the crank position sensor missing.
That's kind of what I was thinking, however I did a crank position bypass via a thread I found online but it didn't work sadly.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
P2P ECU is OBD2 and does require a crank position sensor. Without it the ECU does not know where the cranks at.