Down 2 cylinders

Golden Muffin38

I have a 1998 honda civic ex std and I'm am down 2 cylinders, it has new plugs,wires, cap and rotor, and fuel injectors and filter, car is down 2 cylinders and down on power and rpms are jumping from 1000-2500 and sometimes will drop to 200, just did a compression test , 1-4 is 125 140 140 150
Which is still pretty low but manageable, I have air and fuel and spark looks like a strong healthy blue and feels strong too, but I'm wondering where else to look, I notice at low rpm cruising and can feel 2 and 3 try to kick back in like there not firing and wondering where to look on the ignition side

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
You can remove and test the ignition control module at any local auto parts store.

Would also test fuel pressure, if its shuddering during acceleration then its possibly a fuel issue. You can also have the fuel injectors tested but you will need to go to a performance shop most of the time to have this done. Most shops do not have the equipment to flow test injectors.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
There is also the MAP sensor on the intake manifold, if it is faulty it can cause all kinds of drivability issues.

Faulty coolant temperature sensor for the ECU surprisingly can cause drivability issues as well.

Golden Muffin38

You can remove and test the ignition control module at any local auto parts store.

Would also test fuel pressure, if its shuddering during acceleration then its possibly a fuel issue. You can also have the fuel injectors tested but you will need to go to a performance shop most of the time to have this done. Most shops do not have the equipment to flow test injectors.
I work at oriellys and wasn't aware we did this testing, which autoparts stores are you referring to

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I work at oriellys and wasn't aware we did this testing, which autoparts stores are you referring to
How did you not know? I used to work at Oriellys a LONG time ago, was an RSS. All oriellys have the testing equipment to test ignition control modules.

As for the injectors, a performance shop can assist you there.

Golden Muffin38

How did you not know? I used to work at Oriellys a LONG time ago, was an RSS. All oriellys have the testing equipment to test ignition control modules.

As for the injectors, a performance shop can assist you there.
I've never been asked nor seen my coworkers ill have to ask today

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I've never been asked nor seen my coworkers ill have to ask today
Ours was next to our battery testing station. The battery testing station was on top of the chest that had all the adapter harnesses for the ICM tester. If your store does not have this, that sucks.