Turbo set up fully build 1.6l vtec DOHC

gusgus1397

Respected
I have a 94 Honda civic del sol 1.6l vtec DOHC B16 , fullybuilt Gude performance head and built lower Arias pistons fuel rail ect all done. I am looking to turbo it in the near future and wanna know some recommendations for the best output(but not on the line of blowing the motor) price isn't much of an issue but not wanting to go over 4k unless worth it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Depends. What's your power goal?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not exactly sure, I would like high 300s if possible but I'm not sure

Easily doable. Look into Go-Autoworks kits. Add in an extra $500 (at least) for getting it tuned somewhere. Add in extra $ for extra parts that are not included in most kits, such as a higher lph fuel pump, bigger injectors, better radiator, etc. If they're old, replace the timing belt and water pump.

Greg @ Go-Autoworks is one of the most knowledgeable turbo guys out there when it comes to parts and performance. When I turbo'd my B18, he helped me find the perfect kit for me. I managed 250whp on a stock block, so with your built motor high 300's shouldn't be too much of an issue there.

Oh, and make sure you fully understand how a turbocharged system works. Read this.

gusgus1397

Respected
Easily doable. Look into Go-Autoworks kits. Add in an extra $500 (at least) for getting it tuned somewhere. Add in extra $ for extra parts that are not included in most kits, such as a higher lph fuel pump, bigger injectors, better radiator, etc. If they're old, replace the timing belt and water pump.

Greg @ Go-Autoworks is one of the most knowledgeable turbo guys out there when it comes to parts and performance. When I turbo'd my B18, he helped me find the perfect kit for me. I managed 250whp on a stock block, so with your built motor high 300's shouldn't be too much of an issue there.

Oh, and make sure you fully understand how a turbocharged system works. Read this.
okay man sounds good, thanks so much for the informations

gusgus1397

Respected

what would u say about doing a GT3076R?
I'm trying to see how low price I can do a kit peicing together my self

Sent from my SM using Tapatalk

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, that would be fine. That's a T3 .60 trim. I had a t3/t4 .60 trim. I believe I had this model. or if not, something nearly identical. Sold it years ago so I can't say for sure.

gusgus1397

Respected
Yeah, that would be fine. That's a T3 .60 trim. I had a t3/t4 .60 trim. I believe I had this model. or if not, something nearly identical. Sold it years ago so I can't say for sure.
the garret turbo or the nockoff? there's 2 turbo that come up with that search

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Garrett. When it comes to turbochargers, stick with the good stuff.

gusgus1397

Respected
was wondering if anyone had a few different turbo options that wouldn't kill the bank? I'm not sure if I wanna jump right in and spend $1100

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
$1100 wont buy proper injectors for serious hp.. just sayin..

Sent from my boujea ass phone