grinding noise

Ron777

Hi,

When I am driving on wet roads I hear a grinding sound at the front left wheel area. I changed tyres, ball joint, bearing, axle and other suspension parts but the noise is still there. Please help!

Ron777

I hear the noise whether straight or turning

Ron777

=) I dont think accelerating or braking would make a difference. The best I can describe it as a grinding/grating sound. I just read online that it could be the arch liner. I will look into it.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Brake dust shield?

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Ron777

yes i think it is the inner fender. Today I looked at it and it is damaged. I am wondering if water gets past that shield and causes the grating sound

Ron777

yes i know it is a strange sound when driving through water, but it is not water splattering sound...it is a grinding sound....this is why I changed the bearing, axle and ball joints...i can't see how an inner fender can cause such a sound. I am even thinking of changing the spindle!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
By some odd chance, we're not talking about the heat shield rattling here, are we?

Ron777

thanks for the input...i can have a look at the heat shield. But I can hear the sound coming from the front left wheel area. It is a sound like metal hitting metal (grating/grinding) and I hear it whenever I am driving on wet roads. I think I heard the sound about twice when rain was not falling, but I would always hear it on wet roads. Whenever I hear the sound, I can feel a difference on the wheel, as though the wheel is under pressure, as though it is being forced to turn. A few mechanics have checked, but they did not see anything that would cause this problem. The sound lasts for just a few seconds.

MotorMo

Respected
Brake dust shield?

Worth a check too in my opinion. - The backing plate can get bent/cracked and make noises.
But the fender liner also sounds like a possible culprit.
Make sure both your axles are all the way home into the transmission too. I know it was just replaced however and that didn't change anything but something I would be sure of.
My 2 :twocents:

Ron777

You are right! The rotor is grooved and the caliper makes a sound when braking. This is why I thought about changing the spindle. I will replace those parts soon! Thanks

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
When you do the service wire wheel the pins and install with grease