What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I originally read that as "Cleaned house and now just vegan", and was about to ban you on the spot. :lol:
Cmon. You should know better than to assume that about me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cmon. You should know better than to assume that about me.
That's why I was about to drop the banhammer. If you said you were vegan, I'd think your account was compromised lol

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm away for like five minutes and look what you do with the place :rotflmfao:

At least the smileys are still the same :lol:

For real the new site UI going to take some getting used to, but overall I think I'm a fan so far.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not able to log into the forums on tapatalk, but all is working well on the laptop.

I'll share some pics up here in a while but I graduated from the fire academy Friday. My father retired from the same department after 26 years, four years ago, and he got to hand me my shield up on stage at graduation. Feels good man. I got valedictorian as well.

In other news,

I put an intake on the truck and started having problems with the revs hanging up in neutral, and rough downshifting. This s**t about drove me insane. I ended up taking it all apart, cleaning the ever loving s**t out of the throttle body, and made sure everything was installed perfectly with no leaks. I put everything back together and idle was good and all that, but then after one rev the rpms stayed at 2500 and WOULD NOT COME DOWN, but thankfully it ended up throwing an error code for that problem and I looked it up. This led me to the EXACT problem I've been having and thankfully it's not at all about the intake, it's from cleaning the throttle body. It's one of those electric throttle bodies that is monitored by the ECU/PCM whatever, so it adjusts to the carbon buildup. Well since i removed the carbon build up (it was dirty), the valve basically doesn't know where "zero" is, so it's not closing all the way. Turns out, all I need is a scanner tool to hook up to it and reset the zero/recalibrate the throttle body. Thankfully I have a friend that's a GM tech, and has the tool. Sooooo, getting that done tonight.

Moral of the story, new s**t is way different to work on.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Congrats on graduation. Now the real fun begins

Yeah, had that exact issue with a buddy's Tahoe PPV.
Part of his radiator swap was removing the intake and he decided to clean the TB, bad move. Some people seem to have that idle relearn issue ranging from a few minutes to weeks, just have to drive it if you can't seem to reset it right then & there.

Bored out of my mind.
Had someone say they were going to come at some time today to pick up the Caddy, haven't heard from him since yesterday. Had another couple people interested last night, one saying he wanted to come by at noon with a dolly...hasn't shown up since, and I can't message him telling him the other guy hasn't shown up because, oh, I don't know, Facebook blocked me from posting/messaging today because of a meme lol.

I was able to send 1 message to a friend just to see if I still had messaging, worked.
Then 5 minutes later that was shut off. Should have used that one to tell the second guy to come on down

So for now it's back to editing SEMA pics.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
f**k I was scared this place was gone forever

Site update has some bugs. Another thread about that. I posted a few things, Tapatalk being one. Jay has it and is looking into them. Tapatalk just needed updated.

Back to work after a week off to work on the car. Great progress for that week off!

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Didn't even notice that. Moreso surprised to see a B-series in general.

Had some of that Szechuan sauce a little while ago, not bad. I dig it.
Otherwise just been editing more photos today

*edit* Just received my structured interview info, late March though which is annoying. But glad to see things are coming along...have to drive 4hrs each way back down to Miami though.

Last edited:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Took the 9, a couple 2 handguns, and one of the AR's out for a range day before they close for a month.

Pretty sure I passed a camouflaged Lamborghini Urus on the way back home.

Took the dog out a few minutes ago, met one of the neighbor's horses & looks like I missed a nice sunset. Probably going to go take the S out in a bit.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Washed my truck. Waxing today. Probably gonna have a double post with waxed pics next but it’ll show the before and after ;)

Attachments

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Read up on that HR 5087, what a complete crock of s**t.
Basically trying to ban everything other than muskets & bolt actions.
For the first time, I'll be contacting my representatives about that one, just trying to figure out how to word it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Read up on that HR 5087, what a complete crock of s**t.
Basically trying to ban everything other than muskets & bolt actions.
For the first time, I'll be contacting my representatives about that one, just trying to figure out how to word it.
Are you still in the pipeline for state patrol?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Are you still in the pipeline for state patrol?
I never ended up asking them directly about their policy change to even see if I'm still eligible. But being that they're the lowest paid agency in the state for some dumbass reason, screw it. It's what I want to do, and the travel & top of the line gadgets are awesome, but the pay isn't enough to be worth it.

What I've been posting about is for DHS, and yes, I have my structured interview on the 20th.
After that I still need to do a polygraph & drug test.
Already signed the papers to enter on duty before my background investigation is complete if they want me to.

Figured try that for a year and if I like it, maybe try out for the air or marine teams.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I never ended up asking them directly about their policy change to even see if I'm still eligible. But being that they're the lowest paid agency in the state for some dumbass reason, screw it. It's what I want to do, and the travel & top of the line gadgets are awesome, but the pay isn't enough to be worth it.

What I've been posting about is for DHS, and yes, I have my structured interview on the 20th.
After that I still need to do a polygraph & drug test.
Already signed the papers to enter on duty before my background investigation is complete if they want me to.

Figured try that for a year and if I like it, maybe try out for the air or marine teams.
Hell yeah.

Yeah, I meant DHS. I had it twisted. Sounds like you’re on a good path! Hope it all works out for you brother.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
3 more wake ups and then im on days off. Im f**kin ready. Hopefully the weather will be nice so i can get some s**t done!