Back to Car Hunting *sad face*

sjonesd3

So the 2000 Civic coupe that I had was totaled in a rear-end collision last month (no fault of mine). I'm alive so I'm happy, just banged up. So now I'm back to car hunting as the title suggests. Loved that car. Learned about maintenance and the car I learned how to drive a manual on. Had recently put a new clutch in too and only had about 177k on the dash. Debating if I wanna go back to 6 gen, 7th gen coupe, 8th gen sedan (looks wise over the coupe), CRX (gas mileage & looks purposes), or an Accord (not sure of the year tho). Only requirement is that it has to be a manual.

Haven't really searched yet, but are the 7th & 8th gen as easy to work on? And any years on of the above to avoid?

sjonesd3

*Bump*
Any Accord owners on here? Happen to know any pros/cons of the 6th Gen Accord?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If anything, I would avoid the 7th gen, they are a one off generation car, just about nothing swaps over from the previous generations nor does anything from the gens ahead of it, and limited aftermarket support.

Accords, from my experience, you can't go wrong with.
I've owned a few and they were solid cars.
What about a Rsx?

sjonesd3

If anything, I would avoid the 7th gen, they are a one off generation car, just about nothing swaps over from the previous generations nor does anything from the gens ahead of it, and limited aftermarket support.

Accords, from my experience, you can't go wrong with.
I've owned a few and they were solid cars.
What about a Rsx?
Ok thanks for the advice on the 7th gens. And I forgot all about the RSXs. Only thought about the Integras. Def gonna add that to my list. I love the look of both Acuras

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love my RSX =) Very happy with it, easyish to work on (clutch change requires taking the subframe out), but 182k miles and only ever had minor issues with it. And I have a 1st gen 02.

I would recommend, if looking for an RSX, to go with a 05-06. Get a Type-S too ;)

sjonesd3

I love my RSX =) Very happy with it, easyish to work on (clutch change requires taking the subframe out), but 182k miles and only ever had minor issues with it. And I have a 1st gen 02.

I would recommend, if looking for an RSX, to go with a 05-06. Get a Type-S too ;)
Now correct me if I'm wrong since I'm going off on a limb and haven't done much research yet. If I wanted a 4 door version I would get the TSX correct? Since the Integra was succeeded by the RSX & TSX?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now correct me if I'm wrong since I'm going off on a limb and haven't done much research yet. If I wanted a 4 door version I would get the TSX correct? Since the Integra was succeeded by the RSX & TSX?
I never thought of it as that, I just saw it as an Accord, but I forgot about the Integra having a 4dr model and what replaced it.
If you believe Wiki...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_TSX

Since Acura quit actually giving their cars names, I kind of got lost and couldn't keep anything straight.

Last edited:

sjonesd3

I never thought of it as that, I just saw it as an Accord, but I forgot about the Integra having a 4dr model and what replaced it.
If you believe Wiki...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_TSX

Since Acura quite actually giving their cars names, I kind of got lost and couldn't keep anything straight.
Lol the wiki was exactly what I was going off of. Granted trusting Wiki is ehh. I love the 4 door Integras. Think I only seen one either once or twice in my life in person

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love the 4 door Integras. Think I only seen one either once or twice in my life in person
Me too, I really love the 94-00 GSR 4dr, but have only seen a handful in person, only ever seen it in Green and it has the God awful beige interior!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
RSX is the direct replacement of the Integra. Aside from North America, the RSX was branded as the Honda Integra.
TSX is pretty much the 4-dr version of the Integra, but isn't as close of a comparison between the RSX and Integra. Hope that makes sense.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TSX is pretty much the 4-dr version of the Integra, but isn't as close of a comparison between the RSX and Integra. Hope that makes sense.
I figured the Tsx was a model of it's own and didn't have anything to do with the Rsx,.
I figured Honda just scrapped the whole idea of replacing the 4dr Integra.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've had experience with only 3.
2 '97 SE models and 1 '90 Ex.
Only the '90 was manual and it was a friends car, but was remarkably reliable!
But, two of my favorite gen Accords.
I'd love to find a 90-91 5spd Ex wagon.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
The wagons were sick.. the Accords are extremely reliable cars. I had an 88 accord dx carbed that i modded till i couldnt anymore and swapped a b18a into it, what a huge jump in power... this was back in 01-02

Sent from my boujea ass phone

sjonesd3

Lol I hate car shopping with a passion. Definitely miss my EX sooo bad. Lol emotional ties smh. Slowly thinking about getting another one. Or at least a 4 door. But I do love the look of the 6th gen body, 1997-2000. And looking at a CRX too. Person wants 4k with 118k on the dash. Said it's owned by 2 older ladies. This is it

Attachments

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just took the CRX & TSX off my list.
Two VERY different cars!
Why did the Crx not make the list?
Reliable as any other 90's Honda, looks to be well taken care of, body is in great shape based on the pics, you'll get great fuel economy, ( you could get over 40mpg with that "Dx" model) and it's unmolested.

sjonesd3

Two VERY different cars!
Why did the Crx not make the list?
Reliable as any other 90's Honda, looks to be well taken care of, body is in great shape based on the pics, you'll get great fuel economy, ( you could get over 40mpg with that "Dx" model) and it's unmolested.
Only took it off so I could grab at least a 4 seater. I'm mad cause it was in real good condition too. Gonna see if I can actually find a DX Civic. Which I know is gonna be hard af.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gonna see if I can actually find a DX Civic. Which I know is gonna be hard af.
A 4th gen Civic Dx sedan or hatch?

How about a 3rd or 5th gen Prelude?
I left 4th out simply because I don't like the exterior...LOL.