Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Great thanks, might be coming down to myrtle in the next few months id love to check this project out time permitting of course..

Sent from my boujea ass phone
Well, depending on how you go down there and time to detour to my area in VA, we can attempt it. [emoji106][emoji106]

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Been busy with other stuff lately. But an a la cart order of Downstar came in. Adding to much of what I already had.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My daughter turned 2 and joined the jack stand crew...but was rolling very quickly...lol. She's loving her little car. And she likes parking by mommy and daddy...haha.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I ended up selling my HPI oil cooler kit as I was having issues with the sandwich plate and the oil lines. Not a quality issue, but that the only way it could be clocked would still hit something else and not allow the cooler lines to be connected. After pricing items to make it work, it was cheaper to sell and get something else. Enter the old and discontinued mFactory setup seen. BNIB, but opened...via H-T. Only to find out it was missing the block adaptor O-Ring, a 90 degree fitting and an oil line...after I got it. Deceptive photos and a non responsive seller now. Being frustrated with dealing with oil cooler crap, it's on the shelf for now. Just put the old sandwich plate back on with the sensors. No oil cooler for now. Later I'll just build my own lines and install.

And I cleaned up the knuckles and forks. Started getting things put together. Ended up having to install the tie rods reverse because ESM send only the bottom mount kit, where I requested the top mount. But I'm grateful for the part they sent me for all the trouble I had with my lower ball joints. I'll check this bottom mount setup out and if needed, I'll call and get the top mount.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP

I’ll just leave this here. I’m no expert on the topic but I’ve only heard of inverted tie rods exaggerating bumpsteer instead of correcting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
^ agreed you have a HUGE nut in this build and that beautiful lil girl to come home to safe, safety first, style second..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's all coming back off. I'm sending photos to them of what I have and see what I need for top mount. Like I said, it's what I have and it's not the final assembly. But I've been trying to read up on both, with nearly nothing out there on the subject. I can assure you though, if I drive out of my garage with a flipped setup and it isn't right, it'll go back in the garage until I either get the required parts or just go back to OEM. My intentions were to just buy new OEM. These were provided free. But they were also supposed to come with top mounting parts. Safety is always key.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Changed out the rear trailing arm hardware and put in the PCI toe arms. Then swapped a little of the hardware up front that came in Friday.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Right side all buttoned up. Decided to polish the OEM overflow tank bracket. Little more and that can go in. Ordered a radiator fan mount kit, the zip tie style. So close I can taste it!

Last edited:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just about ready to wet the engine down and connect the battery. It almost doesn't feel real after this long...haha. Radiator stay is bent into shape and in the process of being painted. It'll be black to follow the theme.