Radio display issues

Javier Mendez

Hi everybody, i'm new here and i have a question about a very annoying radio trouble. I have an EX Civic Coupe 08, with std 6 speaker sound system. Everything works pretty good, but the display doesn't illuminate. (in fact with the led flash of my phone i can see the display, it works but without any illumination). So if i drive for 10 minutes or more, the display starts to illuminate, little by little. It works the same if i leave the car off but with the radio on, after about 20 minutes, the radio display illuminates totally. If i turn off the car when park, and turn on in the next minutes, the display goes off again, but illuminates in a matter of one or two minutes. Someone have this same problem, anyone knows how to solve, have to replace the display??? or it's a more deep internal trouble??? Thnks a lot

Javier Mendez

The radio display usually connects to the dash dimmer switch. Check for a poor connection of the dimmer switch wire to the radio.
Thnks... i disarmed all the dash... and tested phisically every connector to the stereo, disarmed the stereo itself... disarmed the screen from the stereo... no rust, no dirt... it was clean as new, tested every conector from display to main deck... every single cable from every connector from harness to stereo... and everything looks fine. Tested some suspicious cables with an electronic tester (voltimeter) and looks to work fine. I might think is just the screen display that is sealed itself and it's imposible to open. Someone think or belive that the flickering would stop if i replace the entire display, as where i live there is a lotta junkyards, i have the opportunity to search for a single display (or the entire stereo if i must)... and if i find a screen stereo (the one with navigator) is possible to install it, just with plug and play?? or i must do some major modifications??? thanks a lot in advance!!!