"Kurisutin 2" - 1993 Civic Del Sol - Maintenance Log

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that sucks man, is a jdm d16 longblock a possibility?
Not really, if this engine is shot then I'm throwing the car away haha.

Did a third valve clearance adjustment today, and now the ticking is gone! The engine sounds much better, which is nice.

I also got a chance to look at the cam shaft, and saw that the two lobes which had some rust on them from sitting around over the winter had cleaned up nicely without any serious pitting, so hopefully it'll last.

Drove around town ~10 miles and checked the oil dipstick. Looks clean. There's a chance that the water contamination was from condensation in the engine when we put it back together, so I'm going to do another oil change in about a week and know for sure.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Went for a drive with my buddy last weekend, and while fooling with the engine accidentally shocked the hell out of myself and fried the ignition coil :shock: Got it replaced today and the engine runs again.

Installed new tires, they made a huge difference in ride quality already. Also found out that the rear control arm bushing are shot, which I guess should be fixed before taking it in for an alignment.

Replaced a stripped wheel stud.

Checked all of the brakes, and they seem to have some decent material left, so I'm leaving them alone for now.

Flushed the brake lines.

Installed the new turn signal and replaced a back-up light, now all of the indicators work.

Need to check the oil again and look for more water/coolant....

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just following up on things. The car is gone! I sold it to the highschool student who helped me fix it up for $200. He's under strict orders to drive carefully and lightly for another 500 miles before we do the last engine break in oil change.