1995 dx project sedan

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How does this transmission look for the price? It’s hydro so I wouldn’t need a kit and wouldn’t the grinding be relatively easy to fix?
I'd find something that didn't grind.
Preferably an entire b18b1 swap with transmission.

hear7161

I’m getting the b18b1 for 100, so I got that covered some one offered me a nice lsd hydro trans for 500 but I feel like that price is kinda high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I’m getting the b18b1 for 100, so I got that covered some one offered me a nice lsd hydro trans for 500 but I feel like that price is kinda high
Have you done no research, priced out LSD equipped B series transmissions or LSD's themselves?
LSD's can run upwards of $500 by themselves! Good parts cost good money, stop being cheap.
So, you'd rather pay $120 for a transmission that has a 3rd gear grind and no LSD?
As opposed to a LSD already equipped B series transmission, for which I'm assuming doesn't grind either?

Are people really this dense?

Do you even have the parts yet to do a manual swap and have you researched how to do it so you know what parts to get?

hear7161

Have you done no research, priced out LSD equipped B series transmissions or LSD's themselves?
LSD's can run upwards of $500 by themselves! Good parts cost good money, stop being cheap.
So, you'd rather pay $120 for a transmission that has a 3rd gear grind and no LSD?
As opposed to a LSD already equipped B series transmission, for which I'm assuming doesn't grind either?

Are people really this dense?

Do you even have the parts yet to do a manual swap and have you researched how to do it so you know what parts to get?
Yeah I have the parts for the manual swap, I have an excel spread sheet with parts I need, I thought about it and did some more research and obviously the 500 lsd is worth it over the grindy non lsd. Pretty much my project is gonna be left bare bone since EVERYTHING is going into my 1998 dd. Engine, auto tranny etc. right now I’m just buying the engine since I know their are tons of parts to buy. It’s a project car takes time. I want to do this right and be happy with the results. So yeah obviously I’m not going to cheap out on the tranny for it to pop out mid shift on me. Also I’m not doing the tranny conversion. A mechanic is. I just supply the parts he does the labor. What I’m doing is making it easier for him by removing small things like radiators etc

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pretty much my project is gonna be left bare bone since EVERYTHING is going into my 1998 dd.
From the sounds of it, you're biting off more than you can chew and spreading yourself thin.

hear7161

Okay what do you recommend? What route would you take? I want to know and have your experience so I don’t commit mistakes

hear7161

Oh I see, haha the 95 is my project the 98 is my dads I was just referring to if since I drive it mostly my bad

hear7161

B18b1 with manifold and dizzy very excited for this, thinking about taking off the top and sanding off the paint and repainting it black

hear7161

Hmmm should my next step be buying the tranny or the small parts ima need? Also this engine has a clutch for a cable tranny which means I’ll be swapping it out for a hydro clutch so theirs that too

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Not bad, looks like you have plenty of garage and driveway space. Def stock up on the little and big things you need.
So i spy some some sporty meats hiding in the corner what do they go to?

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You plan on getting the exterior up to looking decent?

hear7161

Not bad, looks like you have plenty of garage and driveway space. Def stock up on the little and big things you need.
So i spy some some sporty meats hiding in the corner what do they go to?

Sent from my boujea ass phone
For sure Ill get that on my list! And I have a couple of other stuff in my garage lol actually a lot of stuff, tires, intakes etc

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You gonna keep that blue, that looks nice when it's cleaned up.

hear7161

You plan on getting the exterior up to looking decent?
Yup I want to get it where it’s nice and comfy to be in but sporty, just not roll cage sporty lol

Oh snap I just realized you meant the outside. I had read “interior” yeah I’m not to sure how I’m going to want to make the exterior look like quite yet other than stock