Obd1 ecu code 16 help

kcschemm

Just changed out my ecu for and obd1 ecu so I can tune it soon and am now throwing a code 16 and all of the injectors are functional and I have great fuel pressure new plugs and wires I just got done building the motor and I’m kinda stuck on this code any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nherbst97

Respected
Have you tested your fuel injector relay?

nherbst97

Respected

I have not yet

But curiosity is getting the best of me, if the injector relay is bad the car wouldn’t start correct?

Well, it’s possible the relay isn’t receiving “full power” due to a corroded wire or a hole in some insulation. I’ve heard of this code and people still having good FP and no miss. Some people have found issues like I stated above and they just tossed in a new relay and it cleared the code. I’d check and make sure your relay is receiving full power and start from there.

kcschemm

I have not yet

But curiosity is getting the best of me, if the injector relay is bad the car wouldn’t start correct?

Well, it’s possible the relay isn’t receiving “full power” due to a corroded wire or a hole in some insulation. I’ve heard of this code and people still having good FP and no miss. Some people have found issues like I stated above and they just tossed in a new relay and it cleared the code. I’d check and make sure your relay is receiving full power and start from there.

I found the issue my ect plug is screwed. Have a replacement on order