I have a confession to make.....looking for someone to make things right.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sup folks. This post is primarily for the OG's here that knew me back during the "Golden Era" - @anfrey . For the people since then and moving forward hopefully you get to see a resolution to a very old blemish on my life.

I am nd4sped, since 2013 I have posted as @Spooled@ (thank you @Jay Jay for merging my accounts). I was a long time daily member of this forum during its heyday's, eventually at one point became one of the Tech board moderators team. This was also actually at the recommendations of Handlebars which grew into fruition. It was nice being able to provide help and potentially influence those who shared a similar obsession we were all here for. I came back to the forum about a decade ago actually looking for @Handlebars. I wanted to wrap up loose ends. This is one of those things that is kind of a scar on my mind. While the banning and subsequent postings across many Honda forums never affected my life in any way. This event was always something that lived on my mind deep somewhere.

The disagreement between Handlebars and myself was over me never paying him for parts I received from him. This ultimately was our disagreement on condition of transmission but again this all history. Ultimately the transmission was unusable. The engine block & crank remarkably, I still have. It is powder coated gold and bored over. I never did complete the LSVTEC build as these things always change and evolve. But I still have it after all these years. Ill use it for something eventually.

The then posted AIM conversation was not really a bright time for me and I never really defended myself over the events as the incoming messages was intense from threads, yahoo and AIM messaging. I was not immediately banned over this circumstance as this was a personal issue between him and myself and did not reflect CC at all. As I recall I was subsequently banned over posting a for sale ad there after. Now it doesn't really matter as its all history.

At any rate I tried looking up Mike again during that time and never came up with any contact methods. I didn't really want to reach out to admins then and potentially have the account I was using get banned. It was nice being a part of the forum again in a way. Hopefully that wont happen after posting this. :| (Good to see the classic emojis still exist.) Eventually time went by and I faded from the site again.

I stumbled upon the site a few days or so and just came to the decision I was going to reach out to the most active moderators I could see that still frequent the site and some OG's I knew back in the day that are simply very reasonable people to talk with. Anfrey in this case, thanks man. I have the ability to potentially right a wrong on a story that really should have never happened. The finer details are for another time and unimportant right now.

At any rate I want to pay him for the engine as we initially agreed too.

If anyone has Handlebars contact information and wouldn't mind DM'ing it to me it would be appreciated.

Last edited:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Thank you Jay Jay.......the legend is back =)

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Water under the bridge my friend. Thanks for being a stand up guy.
Water under the bridge my friend. Thanks for being a stand up guy.
You know it, should have never ended up like it did. Glad I was able to get a hold of you after all this time :thumbup: