'00 Civic B18B1 swap, brake issue

rkouns51

I have a 00 civic cx I did a b18b1 swap and then all of a sudden I can't build up break pressure I replaced the master cylinder and wheel cylinders on the back and I still can't keep pressure any help would be great

rich_rolla

Can u tell me everything you had to do to do the swap I have a b18a1 I want to put in my 97...

When u bleed the brakes does it have any pressure or squirt any brake fluid out of the bleeder valve after u pump them up a little bit

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When u bleed the brakes does it have any pressure or squirt any brake fluid out of the bleeder valve after u pump them up a little bit
The real question is, DID they bleed the brakes to begin with?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its brakes and not "breaks" which is too short of a title anyways, so Ill tweek it for you.

Whether or not youve done so yet, make sure you bleed the brakes at each wheel. If you didnt do so before then thats likely the culprit to your issue.

rkouns51

Try I work for a living.. I used a hydro clutch and bled the lines found the problem Wich was a bad booster why would I use a cable clutch in a hydro car?? And as far as the swap I converted a auto car to a manual car also had to change motor mounts t bracket wiring harness to a si harness had to use si post mount jumper harness to keep obd1

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used a hydro clutch and bled the lines found the problem Wich was a bad booster why would I use a cable clutch in a hydro car??
1.What does your clutch have to do with your brakes?
2. Nobody said anything about which type of clutch actuation you used.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
1.What does your clutch have to do with your brakes?
2. Nobody said anything about which type of clutch actuation you used.
A post was there but I deleted it. My fault. I deleted an off topic post from another user, "He probably put a cable clutch in changed the master cylinder and never bleed the brakes haha"