'00 Civic TPS

leclerc

Hi, I have a 2000 Honda Civic Coupe with a D15B.

I've been getting uneven idle and frequent shakes while driving, along with an engine code, so I decided to bring it to a local mechanic. The engine code came up as P1022, concerning the TPS sensor and its low input, so the mechanic suggested having it changed to see if it would correct the issue. Afterward, it drove better but I would still notice tiny lags and shakes. Eventually, the engine code came back and the uneven idle and shakes became more frequent. I brought it back to the mechanic and had the TPS taken out for voltage calibration. It drove better and then again, the issue came back.

The wiring looks fine and the TPS sensor is the correct part number for the engine.

As of now, the P1022 code is still showing up and at this point, all the mechanic can suggest is a faulty idle air control valve or even the ECU based upon other's experience.

I'm hoping someone can provide some insight on what the cause could be before I spend more on parts and labour.

leclerc

UPDATE: I've taken out the throttle body, cleaned it, and replaced the idle air control valve with a used one but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.