00 Hatch Build <3

MrDaggs

so the freak snow in october kind of crapped all over my lip plans.. hopefully the weather will hold out next weekend. going to try to finish cleaning the bay and start spraying it down this week before work. who knowzzz!!
GL! Tuned in for updates :thumbs up

CJBankai

some minor updates, painted the bay, and because i really dont like my money, i felt like spending a buck 70 for each bolt and washer was a great idea. so, replacing every 10mm bold in the bay that is visible with some jdm fender bolt dealios. i'm also looking for new 15" rims, gsr blades, hxs, fat fives, or anything reasonably pricedddd, as well as new seats, something in red. momo wheel and quick release as well. any of you eastern pa fellas let me know if you have anything =)

new gauge pod, tach, vm, and cf bezel went on yesterday, always fun! points for terrible pic?

not as 'tucked' as i would like, but its kind of 'cleanish' haha

TheHatchGuy

5+ Year Member
Bro i don't mean to trash, its a clean hatch. Im liking it, but i have an eye for things : on the 15th pic down on the first page, with the LS seats...looks like you have an auto? Then later on you have a manual? How was the swap?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bro i don't mean to trash, its a clean hatch. Im liking it, but i have an eye for things : on the 15th pic down on the first page, with the LS seats...looks like you have an auto? Then later on you have a manual? How was the swap?
Nice catch. I don't see a clutch reservoir anywhere so maybe its just a new boot and knob?

CJBankai

haha, yes i forgot about that in the old pics, but yes, just a knob and a boot on the auto. as for the swap, its coming, and hopefully soon!

on a side note, it has managed to rain every weekend for the past month, delaying my painting of the lips and side skirts. :(

CJBankai

Bleh, i was really hoping to have a lot done by now, but unfortunately nothing has changed. I ended up getting laid off, and now im working some crap minimum wage crap until i can get back into something better. which of course means no extra cash for the car, SAD FACE!

CJBankai

Well, been a while but i finally managed to land a job managing a local auto image shop, detailing, paint, body stuff etc. I'm looking forward to working in a shop instead of my gravel parking lot haha, yay for employment!!

CJBankai

first update in ages

oook, so its been freaking forever since anything happened. well, a lot has happened, but, just no updates! after getting that job in feb, the owner shut down the shop 2 months later without telling anybody.. so i was back o unemployed and broke, after moving into a new house and all, awesome right? landed a job at a bar, got the car back n the road, insured, reg, all ha jazz. only to keep getting pulled over and hassled by the police every week. loud red civic, im used to it. finally the go me on some stupid registration hickup, and i was just fed up with i all. car came off the road, and i sprayed it black, and i took the N1 cannon off. i'm finally back to being financially stable at the new job, and can start making real progress with my baby.

new breaks and rotors, so shiny :D

tear down for painting begins

covered up for the face lift haha

the very upset woman a walmart that had to ring out 6 cases of spray paint. :twisted::twisted::twisted: i went all out on this rattle can job, wet sanded everything, white base, black color coat, and clear coated. took forever.

whites for the front

some of the black

spoiler

bodddyyy getting done

all done!! doesnt look too awful from too far away if you squint, and dont look at the roof, haha

once the painting was done, i used my first surplus of cash in the last 5/6 months to get a carbon fiber rear hatch, yay! :cool:

lined up and sealed on the second adjustment, lucky!

Well, summer is coming to a close soon, and im hoping to get a few more things done. i have a set of rims that i need tires for to replace the roa gt3s with. my boy is getting a compressor for his shop so i can do a real paint job. and i'm building a Y8 wih a manual conversion to just completely replace the Y7 thats in her now.

CJBankai

So, been a while since anything has been updated. After the new hatch was put on I had funds set up for the motor swap, nothing to crazy just a slightly built y8 5 speed and all. Put in 80 hour weeks for 3 months to get ready financially. Came home one day to find my car stripped of everything. Heart breaking. So I towed it to a family friends shop and handed him a stack of cash and said put her back together for me plz. Went with VIS to replace the hood and hatch. I feel if I went back to stock the thieves would win. Not to mention I'm moving in a month or so lol. So f**k it!!

CJBankai

Soooo it's been another while! The past few months have been quite the adventure I life but its been fun! So after the theft happened I dropped off the hatch at a family friends shop and ordered the new hood and hatch. They both went in with minimum issues. While It was there I also had new glass out in all around for giggles. I'm going to try and have pics up via my phone lol we will see how that goes

CJBankai

Getting dropped off at the shop :(

New VIS hatch and glass in!

New VIS hood and windshield in!! Needs a bath from the dirty shop :(

New EP3 wheels going on while the hatch wiring is being done. I naught em red, they are black now. Soon to be white.

After it came home from the shop I got a nice Yonaka for her.

And this is how she sits now. Now that winter is over I can think about suspension finally. Also going to be slowly painting her white. I picked up an sir rear bumper the other day which will be the first part painted.

CJBankai

never been a fan of red cars, only bought it because it was the first one available, and i needed a car that weekend lol. itll be going white soon =) alo have no idea whats up with these pic, they werent sideways or upside down on my phone.. oh well.

CJBankai

Picked up a new passenger door, still looking for a driver side though, also grabbed an si-r rear bumper, and a y8 motor. rebuilding all the internals, and throwing it in soon, cant wait!! once i find the door and a fender i'll be getting paint done by a professional, slowly getting there. i'm still torn on suspension for the time being, i do want to drop it, but my current commute to work is through some sketchy roads, that arent low friendly.:(

CJBankai

Threw on the new door today, and ordered the new floor harness to wire it up without doing any 'creative' wiring. It should be arriving by Monday or Tuesday which will give me plenty if time to figure out how to run in lol.

CJBankai

took a 250 mile round trip journey today to pick up my driver door today, exhausting, and almost a bust, as they couldnt find it when i got there. spent an hour looking ffs, i wasnt leaving without it! my average speed for the entire trip according to the gps was 86mph lol, not too shabby! still waiting on my floor harness, and now i have to hunt down the master window control switch... conveniently missing from the "complete" door.

CJBankai

pic of the passenger door on, much easier to get on than i thought it would be by myself, considering the wieght of it. just need to figure out how to reset the lock tumblers for my key, or i guess just replace them with the old doors? idk, havent thought that far ahead haha.. oops

great shot on my adventure to get my driver door, simply stunning landscape to drive through, made it all even more worth while.

finally got the floor harness, but of course the switch and door pocket didnt come in with it... that would be too easy. really hoping to get the driver door on this weekend...

once the door is on, i'll be sending it off to paint, either next weekend or the following week. also waiting on the intake manifold for the new y8 so i can drop that all in.. really hate the waiting games.