00 Hatch Build <3

ny00Civic

It's discouaging having someone take what they feel they're entitled to, even though it's not theirs. Congrats for not letting the bastards win.
Great job on everything so far. I like the headlighjt upgrade and will probably get a set for my hatch in the future as well. I don't blame you for wanting to change the color of the car. There are a ton of red hatches be-bopping around these parts too. Change is good. At the end of the day, it's your ride and part of the enjoyment of owning a project like this is personalizing it to your own tastes and likes.
Looking forward to seeing more updates and can't wait to see it in new paint! Press on with pride!!!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Press on with pride! =)

CJBankai

Got the driver door on and the windows all wired. had some issues with a plug that took me all of Friday night to figure out, but after some sleep it all worked out pretty quick. Have to clean everything today, and hopefully drop the car off to paint Monday morning. Thanks for the love everybody =)

CJBankai

Dropped off the hatch at paint today, getting it back on Friday, super stoked. Championship white is the color. Can't wait!

CJBankai

So yesterday was the best day of my life, got the call to pick up the hatch and it look fantastic! The only thing i'm not sure about is the wheels, should i go white on white, or keep them black?

NH0 ftw!!

ny00Civic

In some ways white would look cool, but I think white wheels show alot of dirt and grime that the black might do a better job at hiding. You might find yourself spending a ton of time making sure the white wheels look as good as the rest of the car. Black is always a good accenting color to go with too. Either way, the car looks great!

CJBankai

Thanks! I think I'll be sticking with the black for now, the cleaning of the white would be a pain in the ass haha. We will see what happens though.

CJBankai

Put in an armrest finally, been wanting to do that since i got the car, just hasnt been at the top of the to do list but i was bored and had the cash,, so it finally happened. looking into doing a double din navi/cd but cant be sure which ones will fit without modifying the climate control deal, id rather not cut it up.

also one of my fav shots :D

Caleb.N

Car looks grreaat=), just needa paint the bottom grill black and the fog covers black and look even more awesome :cool:

CJBankai

Yeah, i didnt expect them to paint the fog light covers, i was a bit surprised when i saw it but, its all good, i'll end up getting some fiber covers and be happy. I loved this car before i bought it, and even when it was a s**t box, and now that its painted finally 2 yrs after i had planned to do it originally, i've completely fallen in love with it a billion times more, i put 500 miles on it this past weekend alone lol, ridiculous. i'm some motor mounts, a throttle cable and some fuel injectors away from getting the new Y8 in. cant wait!

CJBankai

thanks! aside from the swap nothing much else, i do plan on doing suspension but i cant drop it too much due to my daily commute through the city, really harsh roads through most of it.

CJBankai

so waiting on my new front lip to arrive, lost it on teh highway this weekend, lol, no idea how or why, after inspecting the piece that was left it looks like there is an impact mark, but i dont remember hitting anything lol... mysteries. gearing up for suspension soon, not sure what i'll be going with yet, so many options and all of them are pretty much within a 100/200 dollar price dif... trying to get into a new house by august so we shall see what happens.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks really great man! I haven't stopped by in a while awesome progress!

CJBankai

Picked up an s2k about a month ago. looking to unload the hatch now, not sure if anyone would be interested but i'm just throwing it out there, im in the philly area. car clearly still needs work, but the fiber and misc parts a part out could fetch will make a pretty penny for someone wanting to deal with it lol. throw me an offer, i'm not looking for a whole lot.